Filing of I-485 without I-140 receipt #

greengreedy

Registered Users (C)
My genius lawyer, filed my I-140 before filing my I-485 even though he could have waited for another week and filed them concurrently. And to top it all never informed me that he has filed my I-140.
Do I HAVE to waited for my receipt # to file 485 or do I have to wait. I-140 mailed on Oct 15 and no receipt in sight. Getting panicky and angry (run out of curses for the lawyer!!!)
Please reply

Don't panic too much. Lawyers, most of them, are pain in the b***.
One can NOT apply for I-485 with out I-140 receipt, so be patient and wait for it. It should not take much time to get the receipt. Mean while there is lot of documentation required for I-485 on lawyers part and the other requirements on part of you like I-693 and Birth certs etc.,. Per your statement, I am guessing that you have everything ready and that is the reason you are pissed off with your lawyer's attitude. If not, keep them all ready and in no time you should be able to file I-485.

Good Luck !!

Originally posted by greengreedy
My genius lawyer, filed my I-140 before filing my I-485 even though he could have waited for another week and filed them concurrently. And to top it all never informed me that he has filed my I-140.
Do I HAVE to waited for my receipt # to file 485 or do I have to wait. I-140 mailed on Oct 15 and no receipt in sight. Getting panicky and angry (run out of curses for the lawyer!!!)
Please reply