Filing AOS for mom - many questions

allodds

Registered Users (C)
I have scoured this informative forum and a few others for all possible information on petitioning AOS for parents. I am requesting the experts here to help me out with these residual questions/doubts before I file the paperwork for mom's AOS (she's visiting).

1) My Birth Certificate shows only my first name and my mother's first name. My marriage certificate shows my first name and my husband's full name.
My(now cancelled) Indian passport my married name and my mother's present full name. It also shows my husband's full name.
Is this adequate proof in terms of secondary evidence that my mom is my mom ?

2) My mother's birth certificate does not state her name, so I do have 2 notarized Affidavits from her relatives. They spell her home town as "Poovanur", but her passport has it as "Poovanoor". Is this a problem ? Should I include a letter explaining that they are the same ?

3) I am having my husband co-sponsor and fill the I-864A. I did not see the latest version of the I-864A on the uscis website, although they mention it very clearly. They have the previous version as of 1/15/06, which is still accepted. But it doesn't have any instructions about notarizing it. Is the latest version available at all, and does it provide space for notarizing ?

4) On both the I-864 and I-864A we are filling out, what should we write for the Total Income (line 25) for the last 3 years? We file taxes jointly, and also most of the other income (interest, dividend, etc) is jointly owned. Our tax return gives our combined income, so is that what should go on line 25 ? Or should we caculate our individual incomes + split the joint income, etc ? It wouldn't readily match the AGI on the tax return though....so I would then need to submit my W2 and 1099 forms to help them tally ?

5) The instructions for the I-864 say that if I send the IRS tax return transcripts, I don't need to send copies of our W2, 1099 forms, etc. Hurray! But there is a page 11 called "Checklist" that is making my life miserable ;-(
It does not say anything about tax transcripts. Can I say, they overlooked it on that page ?

6) Sending 6 months pay-stub seems to be optional, but I was going to do it anyway. I get paid weekly, and started work 4 months ago. So I get to send 17 sheets. Not a big deal, but would print-outs work ? My company doesn't send pay-stubs in mail.

Thanks in advance !

1. Your birth cert and marriage cert are sufficient. You may include your passport page as additional evidence. My birth cert has only my first name and my mother's first name.

2. Does place of birth spelling match in your mother's birth cert and affidavits? It is important that they match. I think a small variation in BC/Affidavits and passport is not a problem. It will be your decision whether to include an explanation.

3. New version of I864 does not require notarization and hence there is no space for it. I believe the same is true for I864A.

4. On I864 line 25, I entered total income from our joint return. I am the only sponsor and on line 23, I entered my current individual income.

5. I submitted IRS tax return transcript for latest tax year. This was joint return and since I was using only my income, I included only my W2s for latest tax year.

6. I included printouts of my 6 months paystubs and employment letter. Since your husband is co-sponsor, you might want to consider including his paysubs/employment letter also.