Filed WOM on wifes pending 485 and got a 2nd interview letter from USCIS

Nj485pend

Registered Users (C)
My wifes 485 has been pending with USCIS for 24 months. We had the first interview all went well with the officer stating that the name check is pending and as soon as that clears she should get her GC. We waited for 2 years and finally filed a WOM and even before we send out the subpoenas we get a letter in the mail for a 2nd interview. A little freaked out by this development since I was expecting them to either expedite the name check or fight the WOM. 2nd interview is for both of us.

Please help. How serious is this. Do we need to take a lawyer with us?

No worries

My wifes 485 has been pending with USCIS for 24 months. We had the first interview all went well with the officer stating that the name check is pending and as soon as that clears she should get her GC. We waited for 2 years and finally filed a WOM and even before we send out the subpoenas we get a letter in the mail for a 2nd interview. A little freaked out by this development since I was expecting them to either expedite the name check or fight the WOM. 2nd interview is for both of us.

Please help. How serious is this. Do we need to take a lawyer with us?

Don't worry. I was in the same situation when I filed WOM for my pending N-400. I got a call from the officer to come & take the interview ASAP. When I told my attorney who had filed WOM for me & she was also surprised coz I got the call in 55 days. She asked me that it's a good idea for me to take the attorney with me. I decided to go on my own as the attorney was charging me $500 to accompany me. The interview went well so I would say that there is no need to panic. You guys should be looking forward to this day. It's a good news. Good luck to you guys :)

She is applying for a GC not the N400

I am reading a lot of issues like 'Stokes Interview' or Fraud Interview etc... Can you tell if it is a "stokes' interview from the letter?? The only check box required is to bring passport, travel documents.. Nothing else is checked off.

I am reading a lot of issues like 'Stokes Interview' or Fraud Interview etc... Can you tell if it is a "stokes' interview from the letter?? The only check box required is to bring passport, travel documents.. Nothing else is checked off.

I was just giving you an example. Either it's N-400 or GC. Just go for the interview and take your passport and the required paperwork with you. If you think there is something fishy with your wife's case, then I would take an attorney otherwise if your case is straight, why bother.

thanks

Thanks. Dealing with USCIS is always tough. Even if all is simple they can make it tough on you. I am worried about the WOM and they getting mad and getting even.

I don't blame you, but.....

Thanks. Dealing with USCIS is always tough. Even if all is simple they can make it tough on you. I am worried about the WOM and they getting mad and getting even.

To be honest with you, I thought about that too and was little afraid that since I had filed a law suit (WOM) against them, they will make my interview not only a little lengthy but tougher too. They will dig my file and may be their attorneys will be around to quiz me. I was wrong. The interview went so smooth you can't even imagine. They don't even make you feel that you had filed WOM. Trust me the whole thing was like a piece of cake for me. I had called another friend of mine (who went thru WOM too) at the last minute (a day b4 the interview) to ask her if I needed an attorney. She said if I have extra money to waste, sure....but there was no need since the attorney is just there in the room. He or she will take a seat & watch you talk to the IO. The IO will make the final decision. The lawyer has no power to convince the IO to approve the file & make a positive decision.
Once again, I will tell you this....when you go for the interview, just be yourself, chill out & show the IO that your day started off good & that's pretty much it.

Your experience is making me feel more relaxed now

This helps a lot. We were hoping for a smooth AOS process. I am US citizen we have kids etc. The officer who conducted the first interview stayed in touch with us letting us know that name check is pending etc. We made our decision to file a WOM after we requested him to guide us on how to expedite the application and he responded by stating that the application has been pending too long and we should consider other/all options.

Same exact story

This helps a lot. We were hoping for a smooth AOS process. I am US citizen we have kids etc. The officer who conducted the first interview stayed in touch with us letting us know that name check is pending etc. We made our decision to file a WOM after we requested him to guide us on how to expedite the application and he responded by stating that the application has been pending too long and we should consider other/all options.

Now you will be surprised to hear this. I am not making this up. Before I filed WOM, I was called twice for the interview. First time it was a black officer with a big time attitude. Second time it was a middle age white man. He told me that since I was called for the interview twice already & my file still seems to be missing, he suggested me to seek legal advice & my process will speed up & I will hear a good news. This gave me the indication that I should file WOM immediately. I did that and in less than 2 months, I was called for the interview and BINGO. I passed my test & took the oath the same day. I hope this makes you feel a little better.

Reading other posts I am seeing more 2nd interview requests

Anyone gone to a second interview at Newark and if so what was the reason etc..