Filed i-130 and g325-a for spouse. Was i supposed to file anything wlse?

kellikins10

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone!

I am new here and trying to figure out if I have filed all of the correct paperwork. From what I am reading I feel like I should have submitted dditional forms also.

Here is my story...

Married 02/06/2011 in the country of Georgia (Spouses home country) I had to return to the US about a week later because of work and family responsibilities. He had all documents apostilled and translated and notarized (which I still dont understand the need for all of that but it is done) and forwarded them to a friend here in the US who is an attorney and is helping to guide us a bit. Only problem is that the lawyer is Russian and I have a hard time communicating with him. So I am left with a few questions...

I was sent by the lawyer a I-130 and a G325-A. Both of which I signed and sent back to him. Hubby was asked to do a few forms also but I am not sure which form #'s. All papers were sent to USCIS and I have received my first NOA (Receipt).

What visa am I filing for since these are the forms I filled out? K3 or CR1? My intentions were for a CR1. Is there anything I need to do to specify the visa type? Were there any other forms that I was supposed to send? I have this strange gut feeling that I have missed something and would like to correct it now if necessary.

Any insight or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

I filed the same docs plus proof of marriage, proof of identity,etc. supposing to apply for CR-1 because for K3 there are needed some extra. Haven't got any notice yet:mad: