Filed 485 in arpil getting married now ????

tiad

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I filed for my 485 in april of this year and planning to get married
within the next month. What r my options.

Can i include my wife on the the application, if yes, what are the possible delays and would that effect the 180 day thingy - interesting aye.

I would appriciate the expert opinion.

Cheers!!

No Title

I am not an expert, but I think you should marry as soon as possible, must do it before your 485 approval.

No Title

One of collegue also got married after filing 485. The lawyer added his wife name in the 485 application. But his girl friend was already in USA.

No Title

Just get married before you get your FP. Adding your wife to I-485 should not be a problem unless your lawyer is good for nothing.

No Title

Thanks NTR,

You mean till i submit my fingrprints i.e when i recieve the FP
notice i make sure that i am married and she is here and then i
submit the paperwork.

Anybody else anything; did anyone do this; does it cause long
delays, is it better to refile.

Cheers!!

No Title

You have to get married before your 485 gets adjudicated. Now once you get your FP notice and have your FPs done, you should try to get married very soon since your 485 is on its way in a couple of month.

As far as delaying your application, I do not know (I have the same question) but my lawyer tells me that there might be some delays. You know they have to match both files (yours and your spouse) and who knows where they reinsert them in the queue.

No Title

Guys,

It would really help getting a reply from someone who has really done
this. My lawyer was getting antzy about it, when i was filing does it really have potential for trouble, not that i have a choice just
want to be mentally prepared.

Thanks everyone for responding already. Any other opinions anybody, it looks so far so good.

Also does one refile or just amend one\'s application ?.

Cheers!!