fiancee papers are in the works, but we want to get married...

macasus

Background: my fiancee has received news that his immigration papers are already on their way. he was petitioned by his dad (who has an immigrant visa) years before, his status applied was "single". because of this, our wedding plans are put off because his dad said it would complicate his citizenship.

We would like to ask how long should he stay single? When will he be able to come back to the Philippines to marry? He has read somewhere that within the 5 year required stay, he can go visit outside the US for a minimum duration. Is that accurate? also will he be able to marry me during one of those visits here in the Philippines, or would that complicate his status?

And is it also possible for him to petition me as a fiancee visa after his first year of entry in the US? Will we be able to marry in the Philippines?

We are very much ready to marry, but this citizenship issue is hindering us to do so. but yet we agreed for him not to give up his citizenship because his dad had singlehandedly worked for the said petition. we fear the wait will be too long for us to bear.

What would be our options in this case? :(