few questions on I-485 package

justmarried123

We just got married on May 5, 2005 and are now ready to start the AOS process. It feels good to be married, so far, it feels even better than the last 5.5 years we've been together. Now it's time to tackle this process. I am an overstay (wife) for the past 2 years and have been working without authorization but I file tax every year. My husband is a USC. We are currently filling out all the forms needed to send to the Chicago lockbox and have a few questions on different questions. Please help us if you can, we really appreciate it. Also, to clarify one last thing, the forms that I need to send to the chicago lockbox are: I-130, I-485, G-325A (4 each for both of us), I-864, I-693, and I-765.

Form: I-130
Section C
17. List husband/wife and all children of your relative
Who should we list here? Since my husband if petitioning for me, do I have to write something in the section or just leave it blank or N/A?

Section C
22. Complete the Information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.
Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful premanent resident at the USCIS office in _________________.
What should I put down here? We live in Alexandria, Virginia.

Form I-485
Part 1.
Current INS Status ?
I overstayed my OPT and someone suggested before that I should write down overstay or can I just leave it blank?

Expires on ?
What should I fill in here?

Part 2.
Application Type.
I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:
Which checkbox should I check?

Form I-864
Proof of current employment.
What kind of proof do they need?

Form I-765
Current Immigration Status?
Same as the I-485 above, what should I fill in?

We are very nervous about this process and are planning to go back to my country by next year for a while before starting school again.

Any of your help is appreciated. I am so glad that there are plenty of us here that are in the same boat. It makes me feel like we are not alone.

Thank you,
FIC

justmarried123 said:
We just got married on May 5, 2005 and are now ready to start the AOS process. It feels good to be married, so far, it feels even better than the last 5.5 years we've been together. Now it's time to tackle this process. I am an overstay (wife) for the past 2 years and have been working without authorization but I file tax every year. My husband is a USC. We are currently filling out all the forms needed to send to the Chicago lockbox and have a few questions on different questions. Please help us if you can, we really appreciate it. Also, to clarify one last thing, the forms that I need to send to the chicago lockbox are: I-130, I-485, G-325A (4 each for both of us), I-864, I-693, and I-765.

Section C
17. List husband/wife and all children of your relative
Who should we list here? Since my husband if petitioning for me, do I have to write something in the section or just leave it blank or N/A?
Form-I130 should be filled by your husband and he has to write his spouse (i.e. You) and any kids he have.
justmarried123 said:

Section C
22. Complete the Information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.
Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful premanent resident at the USCIS office in _________________.
What should I put down here? We live in Alexandria, Virginia.
You have to write down the City name of your local district office.
justmarried123 said:
Form I-485
Part 1.
Current INS Status ?
I overstayed my OPT and someone suggested before that I should write down overstay or can I just leave it blank?

Not sure about this.
justmarried123 said:
Expires on ?
What should I fill in here?
Not sure about this.
justmarried123 said:
Part 2.
Application Type.
I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:
Which checkbox should I check?
The first one.
justmarried123 said:
Form I-864
Proof of current employment.
What kind of proof do they need?
Not sure about this since you been working without an authorization.
justmarried123 said:
Form I-765
Current Immigration Status?
Same as the I-485 above, what should I fill in?

Not Sure about this either.
justmarried123 said:
We are very nervous about this process and are planning to go back to my country by next year for a while before starting school again.

Any of your help is appreciated. I am so glad that there are plenty of us here that are in the same boat. It makes me feel like we are not alone.

Thank you,
FIC
I couldn't answer your all questions but I would surely say that if you are filing for GC and if you have overstayed your visa, please do not leave the country untill you get your GC because that will trigger a ban for 3-10 years.

[1] Current INS Status?

Answer: You should write: Adjusting status. Because, you don’t have any status here as of now. The same answer you should write on the same question on I-765.

[2] Expires on?

Answer: You should write: N/A

[3] Proof of current employment?

Answer: For I-864, usually sponsor (s), either your husband or who will co-sponsor on I-864, needs to provide the proof of their employment, so submitting the proof of your income won’t do nothing. Besides, you are not legally allowed to work at this time. For proof of employment, sponsor can submit-tax-returns for 3 yrs, W-2 for last 10 weeks, a letter from employer telling how much sponsor makes and what kind of job sponsor does and whether or not his/her job is permanent.