• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Few Questions from Asia

DeVincent

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone! Its nice to see so many friendly people aorund here helping each other.

I'm from Bangladesh, a small country beside India, and just received my notification letter for DV-2007 with a case number of 2007AS000076XX. The letter is dated 4th June.

I read through many posts of the forum but I still have some questions.

1. When should send back the forms 230 Part I & Ii & DSP-122? It says in the instructions to send them back as early as possible. Do I get any benefit from sending them very quickly (like tomorrow or day after that)?

2. With such a high case number, can I expect to be considered ever for a second letter? According to latest VISA bulletin, cut-off for DV-2006 for Asia for July is 7225 and I read somewhere in the forum that visa#s are usually exhausted by June. Is this true for Asia region?

3. Lets say everything goes smoothly and I get selected for permanent residence. When (month/year) can I expect to move to USA? I request this prediction from you experienced guys because I have plans for hgher studies in US and will have to apply for student visa if the DV comes too late.

Thanks in advance.

Each year Bangladesh gets the highest number of NLs . Though success rate is merely 1/3rd. Let me reply to one after one questions.

1. take your time to send the forms back. Fill up those very carefully. Do not take more than 10 days. Send those through Fedex to ensure successful destination. You wont get any benefits from sending today or tomorrow. As they will start the process from October, they need the forms 2 months back at least.

2. You may still consider for a 2nd letter, cause this year may be Asia got more winners than 2006. 2ndly year 2006 was a slow and ricky one, yet, they have called upto 7700 in August. September is still at hand. Never ever quota for a country was fulfilled 7 % (3500 visas). So do not bother about that. Neither was all of the visa except 2004(!) came to 50000.

3. If you are successful with a visa next year August 2007, you will have 6 months time to move. So plan accordingly. But let me tell you about the risk factors, getting a NL doesnot ensure you that you are getting a visa.

About applying for student visa before hand, you will be instantly rejected, as you have shown immigration intent by winning a lottery.

Hope these helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DeVincent,

Congratulations on being a DV winner! You should send the forms as soon as possible (not necessarily in two days) but make sure you don't leave any blocks blank in hurry. Tar cheye borong dui/tin din beshi shomoi niye thanda mathai fill-up kora bhalo :) . Your number is high but not very high, you can expect to receive the second letter, given you filled out the DS and DSP forms properly.

DeVincent said:
Hello everyone! Its nice to see so many friendly people aorund here helping each other.

I'm from Bangladesh, a small country beside India, and just received my notification letter for DV-2007 with a case number of 2007AS000076XX. The letter is dated 4th June.

I read through many posts of the forum but I still have some questions.

1. When should send back the forms 230 Part I & Ii & DSP-122? It says in the instructions to send them back as early as possible. Do I get any benefit from sending them very quickly (like tomorrow or day after that)?

2. With such a high case number, can I expect to be considered ever for a second letter? According to latest VISA bulletin, cut-off for DV-2006 for Asia for July is 7225 and I read somewhere in the forum that visa#s are usually exhausted by June. Is this true for Asia region?

3. Lets say everything goes smoothly and I get selected for permanent residence. When (month/year) can I expect to move to USA? I request this prediction from you experienced guys because I have plans for hgher studies in US and will have to apply for student visa if the DV comes too late.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks you Mishel for such a detailed reply. It was really informative and helpful.

Hi Kanta!! Thanks for your compliment & advice. Apnake ekhane dekhe bhalo laglo, Bangladesh theke jodio anekei DV peye thake, ami ekhane kauke expect kori ni. :) Apnar ki obostha? Second letter er jonno opekkha korchen?

Mishel mentioned that I won't qualify for student visa. If for some reason (for example: spelling mismatch for the place of birth - between online application & submitted DS/DSP forms) my submission is rejcted, will I be notified? Will I be eligible for a student visa after that?

Also, it is stated in the Tarvel.Sate.Gov Visa Bulletin that:

"For July, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2006 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:"

Do DV regional lottery rank number mentioned above and case number mean the same thing?

visa#s are usually exhausted by June

Hi there,
Regarding you mentioned" I read somewhere in the forum that visa#s are usually exhausted by June. "..
I am wondering if there are still have chances for people whose case number is more than 6700 (DV2006) in Asia to get GC here???
Does it mean that's it..even they already sent out their application..
Can anyone tell the truth here??please..
Is the Visa# coresponse to our case number??
please reply this question if anyone knew the answer..

Thanks a lot

DeVincent: I was also glad to see you here, afterall ekii desher manush. Ami USA te achhi almost 6 years holo. Amar Employment Based Green Card processing-e achhe, tar modhhe DV pelam :) . Ekhon jeta aage hoi. I just returned the DSP and DS forms yesterday. KCC theke bolechhe, ora second letter interview date fix hobar pore pathabe. Aar DV-2007-er interview October 1 tarikher aage shuru hobe naa. Amar interview ami June/July of 2007-e expect korchhi looking at my rank no. Apnar student visa-r bapar-e ami kichhu suggest korte chachhi naa karon eshob bapar onek sensitive. Ekdom sure naa hoye kichhu bola thik hobe naa. Dekha jak aar keu reply kore kina.

Thanks for your reply Kanta.

At the moment I'm a bit confused about the things I should send to KCC along with the forms DS230 Part I, DS230 Part II & DSP-122.

I should mention that I have no spouse or children, so I am only sending out forms for myself.

1. How many photographs of myself do I have to send? Is it a total 1? Or 1 for each form?

2. What do I do with the page stating "Amount enclosed __________ Payment for ______ persons."? (The page that looks like a money receipt form) I don't have to send out any money with these forms, do I?

See my answers in Bold.

DeVincent said:
Thanks for your reply Kanta.

At the moment I'm a bit confused about the things I should send to KCC along with the forms DS230 Part I, DS230 Part II & DSP-122.

I should mention that I have no spouse or children, so I am only sending out forms for myself.

- Right. You just send those forms for yourself. Make sure you send them the barcode page as well.

1. How many photographs of myself do I have to send? Is it a total 1? Or 1 for each form?

You have to send only 1 passport photo (2 X 2) facing straight with white or off-white background.

2. What do I do with the page stating "Amount enclosed __________ Payment for ______ persons."? (The page that looks like a money receipt form) I don't have to send out any money with these forms, do I?

- Since you are not living in U.S., that form doesn't apply to you. That is for people who are living in U.S. and want to do Adjustment of Status. In your case, you are doing Consular Processing. You don't have to pay anything now. You'll pay a fee when you go for interview at the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka.

Thanks again Kanta. You have been very kind & helpful. I'm sending out the forms tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Best of luck for you too.

DeVincent said:
Thanks again Kanta. You have been very kind & helpful. I'm sending out the forms tomorrow. Wish me luck :)

Best of luck for you too.

You are most welcome, DeVincent and thanks for wishing me luck as I really need that :) .

One last note before you send the forms; make sure you keep a copy of the forms for your own record and also keep the notification letter in a safe place. You would need that during the interview.

Best of luck. Keep us updated.

can anyone help me with Mohit/ Towhids email?

Kanta apnader wish kori.but my CP is in this coming August, so i badly need wishes and blessing from Allah.

any Bangladeshi winners from 2006, can help me a lot...
can anyone give me the list of documents they ask in the Dhaka Consulate?

ferdous said:
Kanta apnader wish kori.but my CP is in this coming August, so i badly need wishes and blessing from Allah.

any Bangladeshi winners from 2006, can help me a lot...
can anyone give me the list of documents they ask in the Dhaka Consulate
?

Ya, that would be helpful if someone could answer that.

Ferdous, best of luck. Inshaallah you'll make it to green card.

Please some questions to fill the forms

(1)I applied for the DV 2007 lottery from Dublin,Ireland.Here ,i am doing
Masters in Engineering By Research.But my nationality is Bangladesh.And my
spouse she is living in Bangladesh also doing the Masters over there.I would
like to process my application in Bangladesh,(United States Consular office)
and i want to mention it in my DSP-122 form (question no.4). Is it possible?

(2)I am doing my masters from oct 2005 and expected date to finish oct 2007.I
havnt got any degree for Masters yet.So in the same form DSP-122 ,6(b) what
i will write
in the degree received box for Masters?

(3)Will we send our visa fee with the application forms and photographs or
later at the time of interview in the consular center?

(4)Will we sign our name on the back of the photographs by using felt pen?

(5) If we send our application forms and photographs by 15th July,2006 will
it be late?
(6)In the form DS-230 part two on the question no.29 "Name and Address of
Petitioner"
(I am the original applicant)What i will write in that box and my spouse
what she will write in the same box on her form?

(7)Will i mention my age only in years or years,months and days in the form?

I will be really happy to get the answers from the above questions.
Thank you.