fedex => (samir) or anyone question

savithari

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I keep hearing different answers about sending with FEDEX. The rates I get with FEDEX are great. So I want to send with FEDEX I am worried if Texas Service Center folks, throw it out. Any one has sent using FEDEX ?

Samir Das, did you send N-400 in FEDEX and was it pretty quick and easy in reaching ? Did USCIS process ?

-S

Absolutely. I would recommend it; over the past seven years I have sent scores of letters, including mine and got instant responses.
Go for it! :)

Samir,

Thank you. Let me clarify this. Please take a minute. I am not trying to be a pain for you.

You sent your N400 application with FEDEX to the following address.

Texas Service Center
4141 N. St. Augustine Road
Dallas, TX 75227.

Did you put N400 form on the address line ?

Did you put N400 form on the envelope inside ?

Were you able to track delivery ?

Were you able see proof of delivery ?

Were your checks encashed ?

Regards,
-S

Savithari.....

I would suggest that you relax and take it easy. :)

Mailing an application is the easiest part :) After all, 99% of the applications do arrive safely to USCIS.

It is beyond my comprehension why do you want to use Fedex and complicate things, but if it makes you happy....go ahead......

All of the immigrant ppl I know + huge majority of ppl on this forum use some variation of a simple, stupid, straightforward USPS (registered, First Class) mail delivery.

When you register mail with USPS, you have tracking# and you can know when your mail was delivered to USCIS. In addition, you will have an opportunity to verify with your bank (can be done online) if your check was cashed by USCIS. On the top of it, you will receive "Notice of Action" from USCIS (with your Receipt Number) acknowledging that your application was recieved.

Think about this.....USCIS is highly bureacratic, generally slow and a bit disorganized. Do you want to extra confuse them by sending something via channel that is used probably only by less than 1% of applicants?

Boy....you really want to test your luck.

Do not sweat the small stuff, you will need lots of luck later in the process.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I second that. Send it regular mail and the check being cashed will be your proof of delivery, usually followed a few days later by the notice from USCIS. I sent my application by regular mail and it got processed timely and without a hitch as far as I know. You'll save money and run the same risk as if you send it through federal express. You'll probably experience less complications by using regular mail than any other fancier method.

Now, if you were sending irreplaceable documents I would recommend using registered mail or fedex or any other traceable service. However, this is not the case with the N-400 in which I only sent copies of things. In this case regular mail is cheap, fast, easy, convenient.

My 2 cents.

Folks,

I agree with what you say. Reason I am choosing FEDEX is I get a very cheap rate thru our company that uses them regularly. It is inside my office, I drop it off and they take care of it at the processing center.

I am trying to see if FEDEX is even possible thats all. It seems the best way is to send USPS.

I am not worried that my application will get lost. If I am getting a great deal on FEDEX (3 bucks to Dallas from Atlanta for overnight) and I get the tracking with that, why not use FEDEX ?

You see my rational here. May be my rational is dumb but for 6 dollars my application gets to Dallas.

Let me ask you all this, can I put two applications (sep envelopes) inside the USPS Express Mail ?

-S

According to previous postings you can certainly put the two applications in one envelope. In this case I think the recommended way would be to put each application in its own envelope and put the two envelopes inside a third one. In my case I think the USPS cost was under a dollar for one envelope. I don't want to discourage you from using FEDEX, but I think I have seen more people posting complains when they have sent their application through a courier service or trackable USPS than when sending regular mail. I hope someone can actually answer you the question about the right address to send your application through FEDEX if you choose to go this route.

PS: According to the USCIS site the address for courier delivery is the address you put in your post. I hope someone tells you any experience on delivering to this address:
USCIS TSC
4141 St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Savithari:
I understand your concerns. Let me assure you that Fedex mailing is quite OK--for me it is indeed preferable.
Yes, you can mention "N-400" as the Department in the Fedex slip, and use a thick Sharpie to indicate N-400 on both sides of the envelope--in red or black.
You may also send two--or more, if needed--applications together.
You can track the Fedex shipment and its receipt. Generally the check is being cashed now in 10-15 days.
No cause to worry at all.
Just bung in your applications and relax. I see that you are in Atlanta--my application was totally done with in 2 months--October 31st to January 3rd. It possibly doesnt get any better. :)