February 2004 interview - Mumbai Consulate

sai999

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Starting this thread for people who are expecting February interview at mumbai consulate.

=======================
Below is the link for post of "kd1403" which provides
list of things to do before leaving usa.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430
======================

My P3 was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on 12/11/2003
P3 entered at Mumbai consulate 12/15/2003
Expecting February Interview.

Thanks

sai:

If you want you can call the bbay consulate between 8:30am-11am IST, provide your bmb number and get your interview dates. Normally by 5th-7th of the month many of the interview dates are scheduled and p4's are mailed out. So if you are interested you can call them to find out in advance!

I called them yesterday, but dates are not yet
finalised.
Also told them to send copy of P4 to Mumbai address.

Thanks

sai999,
I am also expecting a FEB interview. I also called the consulate yesterday as I have to buy tickets etc but they asked to call on Friday. Also,did they agree to send packet4 to your indian address?
Coz I asked them about it but they said that they cannot do it. I am from calcutta region and would really like to have my packet send to ym parenst over there. Let me know whether you were succesful in convincing them to send your packet to your indian address.

In my case, they asked me my mumbai address
and noted down. So hopefully they will send it on that
address.

Thanks

hey sai999,
I called up consulate just now and found that my interview is scheduled on 5thfeb. How about you?
Also,the lady over the phone said that someone needs to pick up the duplicate packet4 ,they won't mail it!

ANyway,let me know your interview date and we will touch base later...

Same thing happened with me. They have noted down my local (indian) address and they are going to send my packet 4 to this address only.

Also many people have asked like this and they could get packet 4 to their indian address. Don't know why they have denied in your case. Try to call again and I am sure they will accept it.

hi,
I am a bit confused now. The lady told me that they ahve already mailed my packet4 to USA address. When I asked whether she can mail the "copy" to my local address she didn't even hear my request and said that soemone needs to pick it up in person -what a pain!
anyway,
cpzinga,what's ur interview date? Also,are they mailing a COPY of packet4 to ur local indian address or the ORIGINAL itself?

They are going to send me the original packet 4.
My date is not yet confirmed though I expect it to be somewhere around 3rd week of feb.

I read in other posts and threads where people were able to get packet 4 copies to their local addresses also. If you are not sure that you will receive the packet 4 before you start, then it would be better to request them to send it to indian address. Since you have already asked for this, I don't know how can you approach them again.

Other option is to ask your friends/relatives/family members to goto consulate and pickup your packet 4.

But don't worry, its not a big problem. When are you planning to start?

vermontcp:

Like someone suggested call the consulate again and request them to mail it to your indian address...it will reach your indian address in about 10 days from your date of request assuming they have scheduled yoru interview date!

During the first call to the consulate you probably caught the lady at a bad time....anyway try again and i am sure it will work now! Dont get stressed!

Thanks guys for all your suggestion! Probably the lady got pissed off since I called up 3 days in a row to find abt my interview date. I will ask my husband to call (so that she won't recognize my voice :)) . I hope they send me a copy to my calcutta address.
I am planning to leave on 21st Jan.

called up today, got the line after 2hours(with lots of noise)
my interview is scheduled on 6th of Feb.
Is it ok if I do the medicals on 3rd ? or should i plan for medicals
before that ?

Thanks

hey sai999,
it seems we will bump into each other during medicals. Coz I have scheduled my mediacls with Hinduja on 3rd Feb 7 a.m
my interview is on 5th feb.

on similar notes:
what kind of medical tests we can do here(obv free of cost!) and take it to india?
Should we do a regular checkup and show it to Hinduja?
Will medicals get done faster that way?
Any suggestions???
Also I have 2 days gap between my medicals & interview as I am not a Mumbai native. Is that time good eneough?
I have heard that Hinduja gives the report the same day,hence I have kept 1 extra day for buffer.Will that be good enough?

vermontcp:

yes you can do vaccintations in usa (MMR, Tetanus...) and that will be accepted @ hinduja but you will save about 10 minutes of time and may end up paying your copay here. It is a individuals choice...frankly speaking. But if you idea is to avoid medcials in inda by doing it here that will not be possible. Hence I suggest if you have previous medicals/ vaccination records carry them and do rest of the medicals @hinduja. YEs hinduja and other bbay hospitals provide results same evening if it is a simple case with no past complicated medical history.

interview list

so far no list on mumbai consulate site
may be tonight.

What about tax for year 2003, any issues or documents
like W2 do we need them. I have not yet received it
but may get soon.

Thanks

sai999:

One needs to carry W-2 and tax transcripts for last 3 years only. If you end up filing 2003 taxt returns prior to leaving usa then carry 2003 returns else 2000-2001-2002 should be sufficient

Guys,
I am leaving tomorrow for my CP interview. They have sent a duplicate packlet to my parents place in Calcutta. My interview date as I have mentioned before is 5thFeb.

I am going to Cal and will leave for Mumbai on 2nd Feb evening.
Have my appt. scheduled for Hinduja. on3rdfeb.

I am a bit tensed about this whole thing but hope everything goes well.
I am not sure if there is anyone in forum who have an intevriew on the same date. If yes,then let me know...

Few quick questions:
1)After the intevriew,what are the things I shud collect (i guess they take some ORIGINALS from us before the interview)?

2)What are things you shud look for when you go to pick up your passports at 3.30 p.m (I guess they don't stamp ur passorts) ?

Thanks everyone for all the support & lastly PRAY FOR ME!!!

Vermontcp