Feb Visa Numbers

EB-2 for China jumped 8 months. Unfortunately, EB-3 seems to have hit a brick wall like some people predicted last time. What happened?

For the impatient :D

Code:
[b]Employment Based[/b]
            China          India
1st        01JAN03        01FEB04 
2nd        01APR02        01AUG01
3rd        22APR01        01JAN00

wildthing said:
EB-2 for China jumped 8 months. Unfortunately, EB-3 seems to have hit a brick wall like some people predicted last time. What happened?
Most likely all of the illegal-alien filings that happened around April 2001 is choking the system.
As usual uscis is screwing the ones waiting in line for years

After so many years

I have no confidence at all that i will be getting my green card at all.I do not see light at the end of tunnel. On yearly basis, USCIS wants us to spend $$$$'s to renew our EAD and AP.

Did they take it back out?

The site does not have Feb posted as current bulletin anymore!!!!
Hopefully they are correcting some typo on the EB3 category. Sorry to be so hopelessly hopeful.

Probably not useful to me, since my local Senator told me my FBI name check is still pending...

junhuaw said:
Probably not useful to me, since my local Senator told me my FBI name check is still pending...
Well keep hope alive !
I have chinese colleauge who was told same and in same month he received AOS approval!

G8nOldW8n4GC said:
The site does not have Feb posted as current bulletin anymore!!!!
Hopefully they are correcting some typo on the EB3 category. Sorry to be so hopelessly hopeful.
Here is the direct link
The main page is not updated (yet).

Hi, junhuaw,

I am in WA as well. I am wondering which senator you went to and how you contacted her?

Thanks!

fiveice

Category - EB2
PD - Nov 1, 2001, Original Labor
I-140 & I-485 - Concurrent, RD: Feb 4, 2004, ND: Feb 7, 2004
FP - May 28, 2004
1st EAD/AP: Mar 12, 2004/Mar 12, 2004
2nd EAD/AP: Feb 11, 2005/Feb 23, 2005
I-140 AD - Mar 22, 2005
2nd FP (Biometrics) - June 9, 2005
3nd FP - Sept 20, 2005 (scheduled on Oct 11, 2005)
LUD change on June 3, 2004, June 10, 2005, Sept 22, 2005
I-485 AD - ????????????

MrGC2004, thanks for your information!

fiveice:
Sen Cantwell's Office did that for me. I think I sent her office a fax initially.

Call me an optimist, but I have been impressed by the advance in Visa numbers ! Since Nov 2005, the EB3 dates have advanced by 2 years ! EB3 Visa dates were 01/98 in Nov 2005, they r 01/00 in Feb 2006. So 2 years movement in 4 months is not bad. This is much better than what everybody has been predicting. So, do look at it as being a 'glass half full', rather than 'half empty', if you know what I mean.

Regarding the April 01 filings, we will see how they will impact the process in a few months. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for continous positive movements in all EB visa dates.

sertra2002 said:
Call me an optimist, but I have been impressed by the advance in Visa numbers ! Since Nov 2005, the EB3 dates have advanced by 2 years ! EB3 Visa dates were 01/98 in Nov 2005, they r 01/00 in Feb 2006. So 2 years movement in 4 months is not bad. This is much better than what everybody has been predicting. So, do look at it as being a 'glass half full', rather than 'half empty', if you know what I mean.

Regarding the April 01 filings, we will see how they will impact the process in a few months. But I am keeping my fingers crossed for continous positive movements in all EB visa dates.

Well its good to be optimistic....whenever i am in that switch i beleive EB1/EB2 numbers are unecessarily retrogressed. As they explain that retrogression came in due to heavy backlog from 245(i) filers...well they are not in EB2 & Eb1......Hopefully we will have better pictures for all categories in next few bulletins!!!!

Its just water weight getting reduced

2 years in 4 months is indeed good.
At this rate i will get my GC in 8 months.

But I am sure its just cleaned up the slack, there were really not many in left to get GC in the 98-00 period.
You can make an anology with exercising. Initially you will easily get rid of the 5-6 lb / 2-3 kg fast as its just the water weight. Then comes the real hard work. Even 1 lb is going to take a lot of effort and workout.

EB3 just lost the water weight. The real test lies ahead.
Actually it may still move faster for a few more months.
I am sure by the middle of this year the EB3 dates would reach Jan 2002, and will move very slow after that.

neo

Last edited by a moderator:
neocor said:
I am sure by the middle of this year the EB3 dates would reach Jan 2002, and will move very slow after that.
Why should movement slowdown after Jan2002? IMO, Apr2001 is the biggest hurdle. Once they pass that, it will be more or less linear.

Looking at neocor's and armie's replies I will still say, look at the bright side of it. Logically speaking they should slow down because of the April 2001 filings. But, as we all know logic and USCIS cannot be spoken in the same sentance. So we cannot say this will happen or that will happen, with absolute certainity. So keep your spirits high, and just look at the dates that are being posted, rather than worrying about what will happen x months from now.