Feb 27/02 RFE Info - RD:07/00 ND: 08/00

Rafiq1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all you looooong waiters,

Well, as I promised, I am going to tell you the juicy, gory details of my and my wife\'s RFE. Grab a coffee, it\'s going to take a while.

What the NSC wants from me:
1) Offical copy of my divorce from my diabolical ex-wife (Already applied to the Ontario Govt for this: $100 US);
2) A certificate from the CFNSA because I am a medical technologist eventhough my Labor Cert says I am a Biochemical Technologist; (BTW, this involves getting offical transcripts from all my previous educational institutions, secondary and tertiary and all certifications and licenses. This should cost up to $500 to get all this together.)
3) Yet another letter stating my new employer and address;
4) A letter from a sponsoring employer stating that they will honor the Labor Cert. My original sponsor was bought out but this was after my 180 days so this should not be a problem;
5) A bunch of photocopies of the interior of my passports (expired and current)and I-94;
6) Support of 245(k) claim;
7) Personal presence in the US as of Dec 21, 2000 using government docs like previous tax returns ETC.
8) I\'m sure I\'ve missed something...
The RFE also stated that my fingerprints will expire on March 21, 2002 so if they do not get everything by then, they will have to redo my fingerprints. My wife\'s fingerprints failed a second time so I probably will have to redo them then. No big rush then. It\'s the cost issue that is annoying.

Now for my wife:

1) A bunch of photocopies of her passport pages;
2) photocopies of her I-20, US Entry Visa, and those type of F-1 docs and I-94;
3) here 245(i)claim and her $1000 (which we had in a CD anticipating this).

The NSC wants all this stuff by May 22, 2002. If this was a year ago, I would of had a nervous breakdown but I\'m relaxed now about this. I will just send everything they want and not give them a reason to deny.

Good luck to the rest of you!