Feb 2004 485 Not approved yet

sn99

Registered Users (C)
The receipt date for my I-485 application is 2/13/2004 but it is not approved yet. A month ago I contacted them telling that 485 applications were approved even after my receipt date. In response to that I got a letter stating that my application is in Finger Print await status. But I did never received FP notice.
So I do not understand what is happening to my application. What are my options now? Should I just wait for some more time?
Thanks

same experience!!!

You should call them again or go to local ASC to check whether they have ever sent you FP notice.

I did the address change thing and USCIS still screwed up my case. They sent my FP notice to my old home address three months ago (How could that happen?!) so I never got the receipt. But people in ASC are pretty nice and allowed me to do the FP. I guess in their computer system they have my record since without a notice I don't think they will let you do FP even you complaint a lot. SO try to find whether your FP has initiated yet. Otherwise I bet you have to wait.

Thanks for response. Do you mean that I should go to local service center i.e. I can go to San Francisco service center though application is at VSC.
True I moved to west coast from east coast but I updated the address promptly.

make sure they have ever sent your FP notice before you go

Complain directly you never got FP notice, then they may check for you. Otherwise I don't know whether people in ASC will take care of you. Good luck