FBI was unable to process my FP

becomingcitizen

Registered Users (C)
Does this happen very often? They didn't explain and reason. I just don't want to have this happen again, as it is quite a drive from my home to the closet support center (Houston). I understand support center people only take FP, but it's up to FBI to call good or no good? Is there anything I can do so that I can assure they get what they are looking for?

Would you please share the same experience if you had one? What can I do? Shall I be worried?

Thank you!

Happy New Year!

Does this happen very often? They didn't explain and reason. I just don't want to have this happen again, as it is quite a drive from my home to the closet support center (Houston). I understand support center people only take FP, but it's up to FBI to call good or no good? Is there anything I can do so that I can assure they get what they are looking for?

Would you please share the same experience if you had one? What can I do? Shall I be worried?

Thank you!

Happy New Year!

The fingerprint people should know whether the print is good or not. Tell them that there was an issue with your previous set of prints and they'll take them properly this time around.

becomingcitizen,

The same thing happened to my spouse. So, when we went the second time for Fingerprints we told the person that the first FP got rejected by FBI and should be done more carefully this time. She said she'll do the best she can and in fact did a good job. The 2nd FP went through fine.

worst case scenario, if the FBI can't process the FPs even after a couple of more attempts here is what you should provide USCIS:

- On original letterhead, (no copies, copies will be rejected) bring a letter from the Government Authorities, to include a letter from the City Police Department AND a letter from the County Sheriff's office, which Certifies "No Police or Criminal Record" FROM EACH AND EVERY CITY you have resided in during the past FIVE YEARS.

Refer to the following post. You can gather more info.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305213&highlight=fingerprints+re-taken

Hope this helps.

becomingcitizen,

The same thing happened to my spouse. So, when we went the second time for Fingerprints we told the person that the first FP got rejected by FBI and should be done more carefully this time. She said she'll do the best she can and in fact did a good job. The 2nd FP went through fine.

worst case scenario, if the FBI can't process the FPs even after a couple of more attempts here is what you should provide USCIS:

- On original letterhead, (no copies, copies will be rejected) bring a letter from the Government Authorities, to include a letter from the City Police Department AND a letter from the County Sheriff's office, which Certifies "No Police or Criminal Record" FROM EACH AND EVERY CITY you have resided in during the past FIVE YEARS.

Hope this helps.

very informative. Thank you!

My fingerprints were rejected - obtaining police clearance from different states

Hi,

Has anyone had to request the 5 year police clearances from 2 different states? I lived in Illinois and New York in the last 5 years - do I need to fax or mail them a form to fill out?

How does this work? Does it take a long time to do?