FBI - NNCP Question

tislam

Registered Users (C)
I was told by my Senator's office just a couple of days ago that my name is on the local DO's expedite list for N-400 processing. I have not received any corrspondence from FBI indicating my name is cleared. Also, I got a notification from the local DO for my 2nd FP for FBI.

Considering the above scenarios does it mean FBI NNCP has cleared my name?

-----
Priority Date 4/28/03
1st FP notice received 5/17/03
1st FP date 6/7/03
Name check request entered in FBI database 5/5/03
Interview notice received 8/6/03
Interview Date 10/20/03
2nd FP notice received 10/26/04
2nd FP date 11/4/04

Last edited by a moderator:
tislam,

This means that you will shortly join the line for oath scheduling. The FP results come back within 2-3 days...........but give them 2 weeks. I am also waiting for oath scheduling (was refingerprinted on 10/12/04) and it's a long wait. Good luck!

choyty said:
Tislam-----What SC you sent your application to?, and what's your local DO?
SC - California
DO - Phoenix

Update: I called FBI Criminal Justice Department (304.692.7147) this morning and they said my 2nd FP process was completed and sent to USCIS the same day (11/4/04) they took my FP.

tislam:
I noticed you said you called FBI and they gave you info on your FP.
Do you know if it's possible to also check on name check results on the phone with them?
thanks

mfar said:
tislam:
I noticed you said you called FBI and they gave you info on your FP.
Do you know if it's possible to also check on name check results on the phone with them?
thanks
mfar:
FBI Criminal Justice Department who deals with FP do not answer questions on NNCP (National Name Check Program). You can contact them in five ways:

1. Call their 800 # where you can leave a voicemail (I got a phone call back long time ago saying my case was pending)
2. Write them letter (got no reply)
3. Fax them (got no reply)
4. Email them (got no reply)
5. Try via your congressman or senator (NNCP will reply here but may only say your case is pending)

Have you read Rahul Kumar's PDF on his experience? If not, please do because he wrote all the phone #s there and explained how to use those #s intelligently. If you can't locate it, post again and I will reply with all the #s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tislam:
thanks for your answer
and yes, i have read rahul's pdf and im aware on what to do
i have so far received no answer from fbi, but it has only been a week, so i understand it takes much longer to hear back from them...
i am also going to the local Boston office next week to ask them about my name check process

Rahul Kumar said:
Try calling the analysts directly...... you can find out if your check was done or not
Rahul,
thanks again for your advice
i will call the analysts
btw, i have mentioned earlier that fbi told me on the phone that fax for regular name check (not privacy request) does not work anymore (starting from September 13 2004)
we now must e-mail only.
may be you want to make this note in your .pdf about it...
thanks again,

mfar,

Can you please tell me what email address to use to get a status about the FBI Name Check process and what information should be included in the email? Thanks

immigrant76 said:
mfar,

Can you please tell me what email address to use to get a status about the FBI Name Check process and what information should be included in the email? Thanks
Hi, Immigrant76:
For the regular name check inquiry i used a simple letter like this one (please adjust the wording according to your situation):

Dear Sir/Madam:
I would like to find out if my name check is cleared.
I had the Citizenship Interview on [date] in the
[Name of District Office] and passed it. I was told my application
was pending due to name check. Below is my
information:
A#
First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Other Names Used:
DOB:
Phone #
Address:
E-mail:

Thank you very much,

I then e-mailed it to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov and "cc"d to myself.
Good luck!

mfar,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I think I will wait a while before sending any email to FBI as I do not want to slow down the name check for other applicants who have been waiting for a long time to get their name checks cleared.

I sent the N-400 in Sept 2004 to VSC and I'm based in Boston. I did the FP in Oct. 2004. I called FBI just now and found that my FP was cleared on the same day. My concern is with my name check because I have a very common Chinese last name and first name. It could be a long check for me.

Anyway, good luck in your name check.

Immigrant76,
If i were you, i would not be worried just yet :)
you just started your process
you may be in luck and get approved during your interview!
you never know...
it's been 4 months after my interview and a year since i applied, and the only thing holding me is name check, so that's why i am taking action
also, i don't have a common name, and i am still stuck in the process...
it may be bureaucracy
don't worry until there is a reason :)
wait for your interview :)
thanks for wishing me good luck and i am wishing the same to you :)