• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

FBI Name Check

rga

Registered Users (C)
Could anybody with experience kindly suggest how I can check the status of my FBI name check? Is there a phone number or a website? Thank you for your help.

Thank You

FBI PHONE # to check FP Status:
Call FBI at 304-625-5590 or 304-625-2406. Select the option to speak to customer support rep and ask about FP results and provide A#.

There is also an email FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov but people that used it recently say that emails just return with failed to deliver message.

Keep in mind it takes about 3 months to get anything from FBI.

3 months ???

Hey blue25,
you say that it takes about 3 months to hear from the FBI? Does it mean that I probably won't hear from them before August since I have fingerprinting scheduled for the beginning of May? And also, does it mean that even if I have the interview in the meantime, they won't give me the stamp before FBI "results"?
Thanks!

First of all, fingerprint and name check are independent things.
USCIS initiate name check process on its own after you apply. You don't
have much control how name check goes. As far as I know,
it is also almost impossible to check the status. Just wait.
Fingerprint results on the other hand are done within a day
after you give your fingerprint. Just call FBI and ask them
if your fingerprint quality was acceptable and if they sent
results back to USCIS. Just in case your fingerprint quality
is not acceptible (for some people that happens) USCIS will
schedule another fingerprint appointment.

Well, the general experience with FBI is that they give you an answer if they already sent the results to USCIS. Otherwise they refuse to give you an answer (check the general FP section of this forum). About the interview, until USCIS has the results, you won't get the stamp. Many people get "stuck" because of FBI clearance. If it takes really long and the deadline Sept 30th starts approaching, contact your congressman/senator to help you get it through.
Here, check these links, it may be helpful:
http://www.eskimo.com/~parents/cgi-bin/readpost.cgi?post=52051
http://www.eskimo.com/~parents/cgi-bin/readpost.cgi?post=51730
http://www.clalar.dk/dv-lottery/viewtopic.php?t=19

No, still waiting. As per my lawyer, by mid May I should get interview letter. Patience, I just need patience...:)

blue25 said:
No, still waiting. As per my lawyer, by mid May I should get interview letter. Patience, I just need patience...:)

Blue25,
Did you do AOS or CP?
If AOS, how long have you been waiting for interview since you applied for it?
See, I am applying for AOS. but i have not done anything yet. this is because they said i have to wait until my number becomes current. and my number will be current in June. so just wondering how long i have to be patience for???
thanks

My AOS papers were submitted day or two before christmas. Then I waited until March to get receipt date and to do fp. In May I should get an interview date. That will make it 5 months which is typical for San Francisco office. I'm not sure about other offices.
About CP, from my understanding number of visa have already been allocated and even if I wanted to switch to CP I can't. Maybe I got that wrong, but I'm so close to an interview now that it just doesn't make sense to change.
For you, check with other people from you country and based on their wait time decide which way to go. Good luck!