FBI name check. Could we check the status?

cooldami

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Do you know how long FBI name check takes? And could we check the status with FBI?
Thanks in advance.

FBI Name Check

Yes! you can call FBI to find out about your fingerprints processing. FBI won't tell you the result but it will merely notify you if your fingerprints were processed and if the results were sent to BCIS.

Turnaround time for FBI to do such kind of job is pretty quick as fingerprints are taken electronically nowadays. If you search the forums you will be able to find the number to call to inquire FBI about your fingerprints.

Thanks.

There is no time frame for FBI name check process. I think lot of people are waiting indefinitely due to this name check process.

Some of our forum members when they called NCSC to check the status, they raised status inquiry and they got wriiten reply in mail stating that the delay is due to name check process and they didn't mention any timeframe for that.

Can we inquire name check status with FBI by the same way to inquire fingerprint?

I know that we can inquire fingerprint status by a 800 phone number. Can we inquery name check status in the same way?

Does anyone know the phone number to check the fingerprint status and/or for the FBI Name Check.
I would really appreciate it.