FBI Name Check completed

It all depends on your luck

It all depends on the Officer who has been assigned your case and your luck. If you are lucky enough, your case may be adjudicated within a matter of days after receipt of "Security Check Report" from FBI if nothing else is pending.

BTW, do you know how to find out that Security Check has been completed ? Please let us know if there is a way to find the status of security check/ name check. My case is pending since Jan. 2003 (When I had my Interview at Chicago) for security check.

Good luck to all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in constant contact with local congressman office and they contacted FBI and informed me that FBI name check is completed and results forwarded to USCIS last week.

NSCJAN0902

We were also happy when we got the FBI approval and that the processing has been resumed.

This does not have any difference, all cases are strictly on the basis of priority dates, even if you have received your FBI clearance all you have to do is stand back in line.

Just one more thing all FBI fingerprints and approvals are valid for 15 months and should be done again.

Thanks

Raj

I have no idea how long it took. First time I contacted local congressman office (early December' 03) they told me that FBI is still doing name check. As I already mentioned it has been completed in the beginning of last week and results forwarded to USCIS.

LIN-02-081-xxxxx
ND 1/9/02
FP1 5/17/02
RFE rcvd 9/23/03
FP2 10/9/03
AD ?????

Is name check same as background check?
Could someone clearify on these two?

When does these two process start - as soon as applicant apply for I-485? or after case is assigned to IIO?

Thanks,

Marthak

Name check is same as back ground check. This happens towards the end of the whole approval process.

Raj_nsc, u are talking about fingerprints, they are different than the name check process. FBI Fingerprint checks usually happen in just a day, but name checks is a much more rigirous and extensive process and it can take up to a year for your name-check to be complete. Especially if you have a common name, are from a special registration country, have any records or something like that.

Lot of time, the IIO takes an interview, but does not stamp the passport, because he/she has to still hear from FBI to return the name check result.

NSCJAN0902

NSCJAN0902;

Could you please tell which state do you belong? I also want to contact congressman for my case. I am in Michigan. How to whether the FBI name check/backgroud check has been completed. Is there any Phone Number we can call? Please reply.

Thanks

gcwaiting4long