FBI name check before/after Interview

Reader2000

Registered Users (C)
I though all FBI checks happens before the interview. So, they do the investegaion after the Interview? Please advice me how long it might take on Nebraka to get the Oath letter.

I had the citizenship interview on April 11th 2005, on the Omaha, Nebraksa office. I passed the Civic and English Test and the lady gave me the "decision couldn't be make at this letter". I had spoken to my senator's office and they told me that they have put my case on the FBI name check list.

Sam
Omaha,NE

Name check delamma

hey Sam;

welcome to the club; I did my interview in Feb 2005, same as I you, I am still waiting for the name check to clear.

To help you track you name check process, your name check is sumbitted to the FBI in the same time they send you the finger print appointment letter. I received my finger print appointment letter in mid december, so I guess my name check request was submitted to the FBI 5 or 6 days before (second week of december 2004). My name check is not clear yet. :mad: ....

Are you from the Middle East or have an Arab name??

Cheers
Steve

Hey Sam,
The club includes people waiting more than 2 years as well. I suggest you use the thread on the name check experience to keep all people together. Do not increase the entropy!!!

Steve_Houston said:
hey Sam;

welcome to the club; I did my interview in Feb 2005, same as I you, I am still waiting for the name check to clear.

To help you track you name check process, your name check is sumbitted to the FBI in the same time they send you the finger print appointment letter. I received my finger print appointment letter in mid december, so I guess my name check request was submitted to the FBI 5 or 6 days before (second week of december 2004). My name check is not clear yet. :mad: ....

Cheers
Steve
Steve,
No, I am not from Middle-east, I have the Hindu origin Name. I don't know how long it might take. Thank you for your response.

Sam

Hey Steve,
Where did you have your Interview? Was it on Nebraksa Center or somewhere else.

Thanks
Sam

after interview

Steve_Houston said:
hey Sam;

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,
After the interview, did the officer actually mention that your name check wasn't completed? Or did the form that they give you indicate that further processing was needed?
I'm curious since the form I got had the "Congratulations..." box checked so I'm not sure if that means that the name check was completed. Also, the interviewing officer (LA DO) told me that it would take about 3-4 months to get an oath letter (???).
Thanks

Hi Pacific;

No, it means your name check is completed:) a congratulation means that your application is complete with all clearances. You are just waiting in line for the oath.

Congratulation
Steve