FBI background check PARTLY DONE, what's that mean?

hbb

Registered Users (C)
Just went to the DC district office and talked to an immigration officer, 'cause my case (i485 ND 6/2004!) is way over due, have interview for I130 and I485 back in Feb/2006, and I130 was approved, but I485 was not bc of background check was pending.

Today, the officer checked the database and told me it shows the check is PARTLY DONE! does this mean it will be soon completed???? anyone had similar experience?? and how long after the final good news arrives??? Any info is appreciated!! Thank you,

hbb :rolleyes:

after being told at my interview that I was approved BUT they couldn't order my green card because I had been retrogressed, it was very disheartening to hear at my first infopass that I was awaiting security clearance. even after I had advanced past the retrogression. I told the officer behind the window that I specifically asked after my interview if my name check had cleared and was told that it had. now he was telling me that I hadn't.

at that infopass I was told that my fingerprints had come back clear and I had passed two of the three clearances. but they couldn't order the gc until I had passed the final one.

so yeah I can corroborate that. however, I don't know if that is true or if that is something they tell you to get you off their backs.

hbb said:
Just went to the DC district office and talked to an immigration officer, 'cause my case (i485 ND 6/2004!) is way over due, have interview for I130 and I485 back in Feb/2006, and I130 was approved, but I485 was not bc of background check was pending.

Today, the officer checked the database and told me it shows the check is PARTLY DONE! does this mean it will be soon completed???? anyone had similar experience?? and how long after the final good news arrives??? Any info is appreciated!! Thank you,

hbb :rolleyes:

Hi:

There are 3 standard checks done for each applicant:
1. IBIS
2. FP
3. Name check

What he likely meant is that some of these were done and others were not. IBIS results are usually instantaneous, and FP a day or two. The name check is often the real beast.