Favorable reco from DOS - H1B filing- please help..

vamsi23

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I got favorable reco. from DOS on July 31 2007. The letter has been forwarded for further processing to USCIS Nebraska Service Center. I would like to know approximate processing time for getting final approval from USCIS Nebraska Center. Any one how got final approval from Nebraska center may kindly let me know the time lines.

Also, I know that we can file H1B with DOS reco. letter. However, I would like to know
(1) whether we can stay in the US after filing the H1B petition after Dec. (my current J1 expires in Dec. 2007).
(2) If I go for premium processing (may take 2 weeks to get the H1B) can I stay?
(3) to get H1B sanctioned do we need to get final approval from USCIS? is it mandatory?

Please clarify
thanks
vamsi

hi: mine in the same page!!!

I am also in same page,my DOS approval went to nebraska service center on july 27th. But so far i havent heard anything from USCIS. My visa is expiring this month. I am hoping this should go in right direction. Just praying!!!Let me know if anything comes up for you. I will also let you know.Thanks

Hi

Do you know anything about my questions posted above? If you get some good feedback you may start filing H1B with DOS reco. letter. My J1 expires in Dec. I have some time but still worried. Lets pray...

good luck
vamsi

I am also in same page,my DOS approval went to nebraska service center on july 27th. But so far i havent heard anything from USCIS. My visa is expiring this month. I am hoping this should go in right direction. Just praying!!!Let me know if anything comes up for you. I will also let you know.Thanks

you have plenty of time. My visa will be expiring this month,i am more worried than you. As far as i know if it gets delayed we can apply for h1b with DOS recommendation before your visa status expires.I called the number which you sent,but they said before 4 weeks we cannot call them. So i dont know if you had a chance to talk to them or did they send you a receipt number?let me know.Thanks.

Yes u can apply!

Dear Vamsi and drmathews

You CAN apply for H1B with DOS recommendation. ABSOLUTELY YES.

Please go ahead and apply asap. Go for premium processing. Make sure your documentation is right.

99% your H1B will be approved with the DOS recommendation. But if the USCIS needs waiver, then they will ask for it as a 'REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE' and give plenty of time for you to produce the waiver letter.

So dont worry. When my husband's H1B (non-academic) got selected, we did not have either DOS recommendation or waiver. Then USCIS sent us a 'REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE' letter asking for waiver and gave us 90 days time. But we could produce the waiver letter in 60 days itself. The H1B got approved and we got the I797 in hand!

So be confident and apply for H1B asap......

Hi Guys
I got the favorable reco from DOS on July 18th & received final approval notice of action (I 797) from USCIS (vermont center)on dated Aug 4th. So, ait for few more days, I am sure you are going to get it. I-797 is the final notice and is all needed to file a H1B.

Thank you very much.. It relieves lots of pressure from my mind after hearing from you folks. Thank you guys and this website for providing help.