Father's GC interview - document question

lalit

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I received interview letter (I-797C) today for my father's GC case scheduled on 5/14/2009 at SFO.

There is an item in document list, I need to bring, thats puzzling me -

- along with the originals of photocopies I sent in 485/130, there is a line item that says -
=> if you have children, bring a birth certificate for each of your children

I have sister living/settled in India. Do I need to take her birth certificate (in addition to mine)? She is not part of the immigration application. I dont have it since it wasnt asked for in any of the application forms. Can somebody please share their experience and/or advise.

thanks much
Lalit.

Hi

I received interview letter (I-797C) today for my father's GC case scheduled on 5/14/2009 at SFO.

There is an item in document list, I need to bring, thats puzzling me -

- along with the originals of photocopies I sent in 485/130, there is a line item that says -
=> if you have children, bring a birth certificate for each of your children

I have sister living/settled in India. Do I need to take her birth certificate (in addition to mine)? She is not part of the immigration application. I dont have it since it wasnt asked for in any of the application forms. Can somebody please share their experience and/or advise.

thanks much
Lalit.

Try to get your sister's birth certificate asap becuase USCIS may need them to have it on file just in case your father is going to petition her after he beame a permanent resident so they have some files to compare with. Your birth certificate is a must to have and you'll need to bring the original to the interview. If you cannot obtain your sister's birth certificate, just try to explain it to the IO that your sister is not seeking to immigrate to the US and you cannot obtain her birth certificate on time for the interview day. Worse case is they will send you an RFE after the interview.

Try to get your sister's birth certificate asap becuase USCIS may need them to have it on file just in case your father is going to petition her after he beame a permanent resident so they have some files to compare with. Your birth certificate is a must to have and you'll need to bring the original to the interview. If you cannot obtain your sister's birth certificate, just try to explain it to the IO that your sister is not seeking to immigrate to the US and you cannot obtain her birth certificate on time for the interview day. Worse case is they will send you an RFE after the interview.
thanks for the response. Is it a good idea to call 800 number listed on the interview letter and seek clarification?

I will really appreciate anybody can share their experience.

thanks
Lalit.

you should bring your sister birth certificate just like bestpal they might need in file and it might stop you from continuing the case.