Family planning to come for visit

Asyle12

Registered Users (C)
Granted 3/99
I 485 RD 09/01
Finger print notice 6/30

I am planning to invite my family (parents) to come and visit. Since their visa (visitor) is expired now, they need to reapply.
My question : Is it a good idea to tell the officer at US embassy about my case, since on the form their asking this information such ..'do you have any family in US, what is the status, etc...'I am just wondering if they put my name and status as an asylee, is going to make a problem for me in the future.
Please advise. :confused:

Thanks

Asyle12 said:
Granted 3/99
I 485 RD 09/01
Finger print notice 6/30

I am planning to invite my family (parents) to come and visit. Since their visa (visitor) is expired now, they need to reapply.
My question : Is it a good idea to tell the officer at US embassy about my case, since on the form their asking this information such ..'do you have any family in US, what is the status, etc...'I am just wondering if they put my name and status as an asylee, is going to make a problem for me in the future.
Please advise. :confused:

Thanks
Do you have relatives in America? Perhaps you should ask your parents to write their names instead of yours. If they say no, they will be lying. However, if they mention you and indicate that you are an asylee, then this may raise eye brows because the embassy officer may suspect that they will also apply for asylum. Also, be careful; embassy officials may tell your government about you and your parents may be hurt, especially if these officials are native of your country. Good luck

you are a legal resident, what is the problem with that. They don't have to say asylee. I had my parent here few times, no problem.

Its no big deal. I filled an Affadavit of support for them..even though i am an asylee and they got a visa with no problems..