Family emergency-AP not approved - need to goto india

gcard600

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD and AP for my wife in may 1st week, EAD was approved and we got EAD by mail today 05/25.
But no update on AP, My wife has to travel to india on family emergency (her father is serious )
and Advance parole is not approved, I have
receipt notice with me. How can I get advance parole now.

Please reply as soon as possible.

-gcard600

For medical emergencies go to local center, you can have the hospital send a fax stating the fact.

you can go to local office, with some kind of proof if you have, like doctors faxed letter showing the emergency, if you dont have, then also you can approach the local office, but you need to photographs, documents, fees etc., what you might have provided while filing AP. Tell the officer of the emergency you have

ok. I am trying to get fax report -

Can anybody inform the address of INS office in Newjersey for this purpose.

thanks
gacrd600

Last year, I had the same problem. The local office in Milwaukee said that they cant issue me an advance parole, even if I showed the fax. You have to apply for AP using expedite service. Once you apply then you have to fax your service center about the reason you want it to be expedited. If possible go to the local senator's office and they might be able to expedite your request.

I recommend you to apply for AP online, and let the receipt number. Then you can to go to INS local office, Senators' office and also send a fax for expedite request.

go to uscis website for addr, its in Newark , you need to make the appointment, infopass.

Thanks for the replies.

Friday morning, I got proof of death by fax from the doctor from india.
Went to USCIS center without infopass at newjersey office, 970 broad st.,
They asked me to fillup the AP form again(which I had a copy before) and filled two other forms (reason to speed up the process) and AP EAC receipt notice.

After sometime, officer called us to enquire the reason and asked some details about the previous visits to india. They did not issue AP there, but informed VSC to expedite the case. Asked me to wait for three days to receive the papers. We came back home and I sent the some docs to VSC by FAX out of my interest (may not be required, I suppose) This was done by 03:00PM.

At 05:00PM, I got email saying that Case has been approved. mailed the notice. I am waiting for the AP papers.

Thought of writing this info, would be useful infuture.

Regards
Gcard600.

Still I am waiting for the Advance parole documents - Can my wife leave india sicne it is approved. I can send the documents in two weeks by somebody.

Please reply ASAP

thanks
Gcard600

I dont think AP is required anytime during the departure, you just need a aprroval date prior to the date of departure.

Similar situation....

Friends, can someone please help me by giving your valuable advice on my 'tough situation of having to travel on an emergency':

Our background: Me & my spouse are Indian nationals living in US on H1 & H4 visas. Our priority date is 12MAY03. Have finished 'LCA' & 'I-140' processing. Have recently applied for our 9th year 'H1/H4 status extension' with receipt dates on 13MAR07. While extension of status is still pending, our priority dates became current now (until end of June07). But in the meanwhile, back in India, my father's health is seriously deteriorating. So, I would like to be prepared for emergency travel anytime from now.

Please let us know what you think is the best way:

File I-485 before June2007 & then travel. My understanding is: Since, our H-visas in passports have expired, we cannot travel immediately after filing I-485, as it is considered 'Abandonment of the application'. So, we have to file EAD/AP along with I-485 & wait for 'Receipt of I-485' (approx.1wk), 'Approval of EAD/AP (Understand that we can expedite them at 'local USCIS through senator's office by providing 'emergency-proof'). Do we also need to wait for finger-printing, which is said to be sent approximately in 1wk-4wks? Heard that it can be rescheduled upto 84days... but, is it possible to do while still abroad?

(OR)

Should we just file I-485 & wait until its 'Receipt Notice' & 'H1/H4 9th year extension approval' & then travel to India. If so, is it possible to get 'H1/H4 visa stamping' at the consulate & re-enter US without any problems. Can we file for EOD/AP after returning back to US?

(OR)

Please advice us the best we can do without having to 'abandon I-485 application' & make an 'Emergency Travel'.

Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: