Family based - preference 4 visa

Solntse97

Hi everybody- I am new to this site- it is great resource. I applied I130 for my sister back in 2013. She was a divorcee at the time. She since married. I130 hasn’t been approved yet - I only received 797C acknowledgment of the receipt of the I130 at this point. Do I need to notify USCIS of her change in marital status and name change? Also can her husband immigrate with her when time comes

It’s still going to be a good number of years before your sister is able to immigrate. Yes you can notify uscis, and her husband can be added to the case. You can also double check about the approval notice when you contact them - it does take a long time but I am a little surprised that you still don’t have one after 6 years. What country is she chargeable to?

She is chargeable to Ukraine- who knows with the current political environment. I did check processing time for Vermont Center and it it from 7 to 10 years- thank you for your response

She is chargeable to Ukraine- who knows with the current political environment. I did check processing time for Vermont Center and it it from 7 to 10 years- thank you for your response

Ok so she is with most countries, current priority date is early 2007 so she has a long time to wait still. Crazy processing times, but with PD so slow it doesn’t really matter. Good luck.

Actually, longer processing time is beneficial as long visa availability moves at the same pace within next 7 to 8 years- we can deduct more years from her son’s age who turned 20 this year