Family-Based Greencard apply while in the US

@Sm1smom Letters arrived. They were receipts for i-485, and EAD. However I found it a bit strange that i-485 receipt did not have an A-Number on it just like it was during my DV AOS processing. Did I do something wrong? Meanwhile, I am still waiting on word for i-130.

@Sm1smom On 8/21 I received notice of 765 approval and card production for one child out of four family members that was filed initially. I received the card on 8/25. My wife and the other two kids are worried as to why they have not heard anything about their case yet. Please is this normal?

Hello @Sm1smom, what are the documents needed to file for I-485 if I am marrying a U.S citizen please? I am not going to hire a lawyer and want to file on my own. It would be much appreciated if you can guide me.

Hello @Sm1smom, what are the documents needed to file for I-485 if I am marrying a U.S citizen please? I am not going to hire a lawyer and want to file on my own. It would be much appreciated if you can guide me.
You’ll need to spend some quality time going over the information readily available on USCIS’s website for this. You can start by going through this link. I’m sorry I’m unable to provide the type of support I provide for DV based AOS applications for a family based AOS, the information needed for a family based filing are readily available on USCIS’s website.

@Sm1smom my wife and daughter's EAD combo was delivered on Thursday but for some strange reasons I could not find them among the mails in the mailbox. Please what are my options? the entire family is devastated because we have waited for this soooooo long..{crying}

Hello, I need your input and suggestion. I am a green card holder here in the US. I got my green card July 2022. I got married to my wife who is an F1 student on December 2022. She is about to graduate and her OPT has just been approved effective from January 2024
1. Can we file I-130 along with I-485, I-765 and I-131 right now
2. What is our best option moving forward that will keep her in the United State with me

Thank you

Hello, I need your input and suggestion. I am a green card holder here in the US. I got my green card July 2022. I got married to my wife who is an F1 student on December 2022. She is about to graduate and her OPT has just been approved effective from January 2024
1. Can we file I-130 along with I-485, I-765 and I-131 right now
2. What is our best option moving forward that will keep her in the United State with me

Thank you
1. No. The Adjustment of Status filing chart is not current for the F2A category right now. You would have to file I-130 first and I-485 can only be filed when the date on the Adjustment of Status filing chart passes the priority date (I-130 filing date). Why didn't you guys file earlier. In this August and earlier, I-130 and I-485 could have been filed together.

2. She can work on OPT and maintain F1 status and hope that she will be able to file I-485 before her status ends. Otherwise she will have to switch to Consular Processing abroad.

1. No. The Adjustment of Status filing chart is not current for the F2A category right now. You would have to file I-130 first and I-485 can only be filed when the date on the Adjustment of Status filing chart passes the priority date (I-130 filing date). Why didn't you guys file earlier. In this August and earlier, I-130 and I-485 could have been filed together.

2. She can work on OPT and maintain F1 status and hope that she will be able to file I-485 before her status ends. Otherwise she will have to switch to Consular Processing abroad.
I am also in a similar situation here. I am LPR about to file an I-130 for my wife. Let's say I file I-130 in December and VB becomes current in Feb or April 2024, should I have to wait until her I-130 is approved before filing I-485? Or can we file I-485 with the receipt notice of I-130 while I-130 is still pending? This situation has been confusing to navigate, any advice is highly appreciated.

I am also in a similar situation here. I am LPR about to file an I-130 for my wife. Let's say I file I-130 in December and VB becomes current in Feb or April 2024, should I have to wait until her I-130 is approved before filing I-485? Or can we file I-485 with the receipt notice of I-130 while I-130 is still pending? This situation has been confusing to navigate, any advice is highly appreciated.
You do not have to wait until I-130 is approved. You can file I-485 when I-130 is pending, with a copy of the I-130 receipt, as long as your priority date can file I-485 according to the USCIS Adjustment of Status filing chart.

You do not have to wait until I-130 is approved. You can file I-485 when I-130 is pending, with a copy of the I-130 receipt, as long as your priority date can file I-485 according to the USCIS Adjustment of Status filing chart.
Thank you so much @newacct . I will move forward with I-130. BTW, is there any exhaustive Excel sheet or any information document within this forum, that I can refer to navigate this process of I-130 and I-485? Just wondering because there was one really helpful Excel sheet for DV AOS cases.