Failure to appear for oath ceremony

Hopeful786

Registered Users (C)
I was stuck in name check pending since May, 06. Yesterday, I got a notice of action (I-797C) saying "You were scheduled for an oath ceremony for Naturalization on .......... Our records indicate that you failed to appear for this ceremony. You will be notified by USCIS of the date, place and time of your rescheduled oath ceremony". I didn't receive letter for oath ceremony or I would have reached there a day before. Does anyone have similar experience? What might have happened to that letter? What happens next? Should I take infopass to make sure I know the rescheduled date just in case next letter also disapears? Please advise? The only thing I did was submitting FOIPA. I strongly believe it might have acelerated the process. Thanks everybody. :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Take an Infopass appt and request that they give you the oath ceremony invite letter in person :) good luck and congratulations :)

It comes up on 12th of this month. Actually this case belongs to my son. He cannot take off from school. I have authority letter from him to represent him. I hope it is acceptable. That's what I was told. Thanks for your interest and response.