fail to cross border

desi_boston

Registered Users (C)
I received my canadian parmanent resident visa couple of weeks ago, which requires me to visit canada before May 2003. so i tried to enter canada, but was refused by the immigration officials at the border, bcoz they were looking for some proof of residence in canada. they didnt like my hotel address. they wanted to see the apartment lease papers in canada ??!! i tried to explain that its the 2st time i am entering, so how can i get an apt ?? the officials were not at all professional. no where in the documention that i received mentions abt carrying such a document. it was a real bad experience for me. has anyone faced such an experience ?

did you carry the landing documents?? I dont think it will happen.

If you r in boston and if u planning to go via naigrafalls , use whripool bridge it is easy and hassle free way

Good luck!!!!!!!

yes i was shocked too.... i tried to enter quebec from vermont. maybe i should have tried niagara falls. i had all landing papers and passport. it was my 1st time to canada (sorry for the miscommunication in my previous posting).

des_boston,
Can you please clarify that you were refused entry when you were trying to enter to Canada or USA. Where you got stopped? What is your status in USA? If you were refused entry when going to Canada then does INS guys give you a hard time returning back to USA?

I was stopped when trying to enter into Canada from USA. actually there is more to the story - when i was stopped at Canadian side, i had to turn back into USA. there was no problem in returning back to USA. so i tried again to enter into Canada - this time with a proper address of my company in canada. this time, they again stopped me - saying they wanted to see my apt lease papers. it was total harrassment. they said that the information has been entered in their system, so each time i try to enter without those documents from any port, they gonna stop me. i dont know what was wrong with that person. i never argued, nor was i rude. this time when i was refused and tried to enter back into USA, the USA officials stopped me for questioning on why i am trying to enter to canada and why i am getting rejected each time. when i explained them the case, they allowed me to enter USA. overall i found USA authorities to be more professional in listening and explaining the laws.

Originally posted by desi_boston
yes i was shocked too.... i tried to enter quebec from vermont. maybe i should have tried niagara falls. i had all landing papers and passport. it was my 1st time to canada (sorry for the miscommunication in my previous posting).

So your were trying to Land in Canada?

How can they refuse this?

Try Buffalo/Niagara entry points.

This Happens

Hello

This same has happened to one of my friends he was trying to enter canada in his own car US NO PLATE so the Canada feels he will just get it stampped and go back.

He wasn't allowed in had to take a visitor Visa and book an apt and then entered Canada with all his Stuff.

So now you have to enter Canada with your all stuff and take an apt before hand.

Man you are in a mess now as you cannot enter from anywhere till the time you have an apt lease papers with you.

Stuff happens

Windsor Guy
Good Luck

Re: This Happens

Originally posted by Windsorguy

He wasn't allowed in had to take a visitor Visa and book an apt and then entered Canada with all his Stuff.

How can CIC give him Visitor visa when he has already got PR visa?

Hi
I Also have similar expereince.
Was not allowed to drive my US number plate car in canada.
(though I landed properly)
Does any body has similar experience ?
Thanks
AGCLover