F2 - Do we need to change name in Passport for obtaining F2

Neeraj119

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My sister just got married and has been refused the F1 visa 2 months ago. She is trying for the F2 visa - will she need to change the name in her passport because her marriage certificate will have a new last name. Do let me know if trying a second time is a problem in Delhi.

Thanx folks.

No, name is not a problem

Neeraj,
I am also on F2 visa. I have my maiden name on the passport and the marriage certificate also had the maiden name of the girl. So its not a problem. but as u say that she had applied for F1 visa earlier, might get her into problems because only single question the visa officer asks you is "Do you intend to study there?" .
But no harm in going and trying once , by her luck she can get it. All the best.
with regards,
KM

No Title

No need to change your name, marraige certificate just means that you got married to that person. Unless there is a change in the passport, name is not changed automatically.

Now as far as F2 goes, this has nothing to do with her applied f1, but can her spouse support her, this is proved by scholorships, generally it is not a problem.