f1 visa stamping at chennai consulate

f1student09

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks
I have applied to universities for masters program in computer science for fall 2009. I have got admission from one of them. I need to go for the visa stamping in chennai.

This is an excellent forum and the folks here are helping many others in my situation very well. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences and helping out, its really a wonderful thing you guys are doing.

I have a question regarding preparation of financial documents and i request you guys to help me out. Here is what i am thinking, pls correct me:
These are the things we can show:
-In my parents bank account, we can show liquid cash for 30-40 lakhs. We got this recently by selling inherited land. There is no document which says the land is worth so much, but that is the money my father got through inheritance just a week back.
-My parents house (apartment) in india worth 20-25 lakhs.
-In my own bank own account (since i have been working for 2 years), i have balance of 5 lakhs.

I am not taking a bank loan since we have cash to support the fees and living expenses.

Can you folks please let me know if anyone of you showed anything like this, and were successful in getting the student visa?
Is this sufficient?
Is taking bank loan a mandatory thing?
Can i go to the visa appointment with these?
By the time i go to the interview, the balance of 30-40lakhs in the bank would be only from the past 1-2 months. Would that be fine?
How many months of bank statement should i take? How many months/years of bank passbook entries should i take?

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks
Priya

Hi Folks
I have applied to universities for masters program in computer science for fall 2009. I have got admission from one of them. I need to go for the visa stamping in chennai.

This is an excellent forum and the folks here are helping many others in my situation very well. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences and helping out, its really a wonderful thing you guys are doing.

I have a question regarding preparation of financial documents and i request you guys to help me out. Here is what i am thinking, pls correct me:
These are the things we can show:
-In my parents bank account, we can show liquid cash for 30-40 lakhs. We got this recently by selling inherited land. There is no document which says the land is worth so much, but that is the money my father got through inheritance just a week back.
-My parents house (apartment) in india worth 20-25 lakhs.
-In my own bank own account (since i have been working for 2 years), i have balance of 5 lakhs.

I am not taking a bank loan since we have cash to support the fees and living expenses.

Can you folks please let me know if anyone of you showed anything like this, and were successful in getting the student visa?
Is this sufficient?
Check your I-20, all you have to show is I-20 amount multiplied by length of program.

Is taking bank loan a mandatory thing? Not at all.
Can i go to the visa appointment with these?
You will need to obtain I-20 from the university first, then follow appointment steps from the VFS website.

By the time i go to the interview, the balance of 30-40lakhs in the bank would be only from the past 1-2 months. Would that be fine?

Get documentary evidence that your Father inherited this amount.

How many months of bank statement should i take? How many months/years of bank passbook entries should i take?

6months.

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks
Priya

Answers above. Congratulations on the inheritance and getting admitted.