F1 visa expiry (VERY IMPORTANT and URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

sowmyan_r

Hi,
   My F1 visa is about to expire this december,30 but my OPT is valid throug aug,02. I plan to travel and get back to the US a day before the visa expiry. Has any one had an experience like this. If so did the immigration guys ask you anything during the re-entry. I am employed full time here in US. Please pass on oyur info.
Thanks

No Title

Hi,

I think you are taking a big risk by travelling on OPT. If you talk to your Foreign Students Office, they will advise against it and after 9/11 things have become real tough for F1. SO please travel only if the same is absolutely needed as you will definitiely have problems ebtering US since you have completed your education

My two cents. I am not attorney and this is not legal advise

No Title

Technically you are all right if your I-20 is signed and all your documents are in order, but given current gittery situation you do run a slight risk - I don\'t think it is immense, but it certainly exists. Check with your International Student Office and get a letter verifying your employment from your work. Good Luck!

No Title

well I have spoken with the ISO of around 8-9 schools and allhave given me a confirmation that I am fine enough for travel..and that I need documents like employment form, I-20, I-94, valid visa...
thanks anyways..