F1 visa, current employment when apply on DS-160

Euroquickinfo

Hello,

I am about to apply for my F1 visa. I am reviewing all the DS-160 questions in advance in order to be ready to answer to all of them when I start filling it.

I have a doubt about on what to fill in my current employment section.

I am in my early thirties and I used to own a very small media production company which has closed down last November.

I am currently trying to freelance in media, although I haven't had any paid job since when my company closed down.

I am currently living with my family money and soon I will be a student in USA (sponsored by my family).

I know what to list as my previous employment (my ex company) but I'm not sure on what to list as my current one.

I can't list student because I last was such more than ten years ago. I would like to put freelance in media and list an average monthly salary, which would actually be money coming from my family to support me.

I have a good presence on the web about what I do, but I just don't make any money out of it.

Shall I list "unemployed" or "freelance/self-employed" describing what I do, and list an estimated salary which is technically family support money?
Will they actually check my actual personal earnings anyhow or they just care about the funds for my studies (which come from my family and I have all the necessary proofs)?

Any idea?

Thanks