F1 to H1B

immig_y

I am currently in F1 status and enrolled as full time student for MS for last 3 months.
I got an offer from a company willing to sponsor my H1B visa.
Can I apply for an H1B visa without completing my MS degree. What risks are involved?
Please reply urgently. Thanks in advance.

Well i have the same issue.

My F1 expires in Aug \'03. I just received an H1-B from the company. My questions are
a) Can i travel to another country and get my H1-B stamped there?
b) If my H1-B stamping gets rejected there can i still come back on my F1 visa?
c) If i can reenter on F1 does my I-20 has to be signed by the school within the previous three months?
Thanks,
Mukul

OPT to F1... Time running out

I am currently on my OPT (I graduated in September 2001) which expires in Sept 2002. I got a job recently and the company is yet to (have started filing) for for H1-B. I want to know:
1. Usually how long does it take to get an H1-B?
2. If it gets delayed, pending from INS. What are my options? Do I have to leave the country and come back? Is it valid information that I can work (and am in status) pending approval of the H1-B application.
3. Am I out of status if I overstay my OPT period even if the application for H1-B is with INS during that time.

Please advice!!

F1-H1B

If the company has started the H1-B process i think it should come before Septembet 2002 easily. It takes about 60-90 days but also depends on the security checks nowadys.

I do not know what are your options if it gets delayed. I have no clue if you can work on the (H1-B applied) status. You should talk to the company\'s attorney.

Thansk,

Re. to response!

Thanks for the reply Mukul... But the company is applying for the H1 now (still getting prevailing wage determination). I hope that the application comes through by Sept. \'02.

Srini