F1 to H1B. Canada Niagara one day visit. Passport stamping.

trmm333

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have F1 stamp on my visa. I graduated and got H1B approved. I also got updated I94 card with latest information. I am planning to make a one-day visit to Niagara falls. Now, my questions are

1. How difficult is it to get a visa to Canada for a one day-visit (to Niagara, Canada side)?
2. Do I need H1B stamping on my visa in order to return to the US? If so, how difficult it is get it done?
3. My mother, who will also be accompanying me, has a visitor visa to the US. Is there any visa procedure for her to return to the US?

Your response is much appreciated.
Madhan.

Originally posted by trmm333
Hello,
I have F1 stamp on my visa. I graduated and got H1B approved. I also got updated I94 card with latest information. I am planning to make a one-day visit to Niagara falls. Now, my questions are

1. How difficult is it to get a visa to Canada for a one day-visit (to Niagara, Canada side)?
========
Getting a visitor visa to Canada for you will nto be a problem. You need to provide the Canadian Consulate your passport, application for visitors visa, your original I-797, employment verification letter and the visa interview Appointment letter.

2. Do I need H1B stamping on my visa in order to return to the US? If so, how difficult it is get it done?
You will hear different comments about this. I will nto venture coming back without a VIsa. You need to obtain an appointment first to apply for a Visa at the Us consulate in Toronto. How difficult it is to get a visa? There are no gaurentees that you will be granted a visa. Normally there are no issues, if you have not violated any rules during your stay in the US, and the documents you present to the Consular officer are in order, and the Consular officer is convinced. In my case it was a breeze. I walked in and was in front of the officer for < 5 minutes.

3. My mother, who will also be accompanying me, has a visitor visa to the US. Is there any visa procedure for her to return to the US?
She needs to obtain a Canadian Visitor Visa. If you mother is returning back with you in < 30 days, you should not surrender her and your I-94 when you depart for Canada. If you drive, this issue does not arise.

Your response is much appreciated.
Madhan.

Hi

Yes you need a visitor visa for your mother to visit canada for even if its a day.

For you can enter US if your F1 visa has multiple entry in it and still valid and not expired.

You can produce H1 visa documents at border and ask for stamping (H1 stamping) ....

Its only information i can give you.... getting stamped depends on your luck and the officer there.....

All the best

You cannot apply for H1-B visa at border. You will have to make an appoinment over the phone/web with the US Consulate in Canada and appear for an interview. They will provide you with the list of documents you need to bring along.

Thanks,
Vishal

Hey do not post reply if u do not know ..............there is no stmping at the border you have to go to consulate..........with appointment only