F1 + OPT ---> H1B : Forum members Pl advice.

EastBay_003

Registered Users (C)
I am working on OPT and can work till Sept 20th 2007. My employer applied on April 1st 2007 for my H1B under th 20K masters quota. I have recd the receipt notice and will receive the H1B-approval notice soon w.e.f 1st Oct 2007.

My question is

Options
a) I am planning to get married in early July in India.Is there a risk to travel and return back by End of July 2007 into US?.

b)Should I remain in US till Sept 20th and then return to India for marriage in Oct-Nov'07?.

c) I have OPT till Sept .Does the H1B approval amount to job offer and hence I can return back after 15 days in July?

d) Do I need to return to India or Mexico/Canada after 1st Oct 2007 for H1B stamping or I can send to USCIS for stamping?.

Any other ideas.

Thanks in advance

Regards
EastBay_003

they say, and i've actually seen people going to India during their OPT status. However, when they entered the US, they had the job offer letter / or the continuation of job from the company that you're working, and hence no question were asked. may be you'd want to do it that way if you still have you student visa (on passport) valid. In case you dont have one, it would be advisable to go after or a week before your h1b becomes effective, so that you can apply for the H1B stamping either in India or Mexico.
raviinit
rahasiam.com