F-2 visa rejected - consequences and alternatives??

sudhin

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am on a F-1 visa currently on practical training. I got married recently, my wife attended the visa interview in Chennai to obtain a F-2 visa.

However her visa was rejected, the consular officer told her "both u and your husband are students, also you have not travelled to any other country, hence I feel you and your husband may settle in the US and hence I am rejecting your visa."

I want to know what should I do next? Should I try reapplying for her F-2 visa (this time by post) or is it better if get an H-1b visa and get her on a H-4 visa.

If I reapply for an F-2 visa while my H-1b visa is being processed, and if the application is again rejected, will it affect the outcome of H-4 application.

Thanks,
Sudhin.

No Title

Yes, that is the only alternative, if they reject F2 on a immigrant intent it is difficult to overcome it.

But H visa is different, it is dual visa, that it is a non-immigrant visa but can apply for a green card. Your wife can never be rejected for H4, but be truthful to all the questions in the visa application.

Question:
Have you ever been rejected a US Visa?
Say yes and give the details.

F2 Visa rejected.

Hi Sudhin,

The same reason for rejection to my wife is given when applied for F2 visa.( I feel you and your husband may settle in the US and hence I am rejecting your visa). I am on my extended OPT right now. Can you please tell me what did you do next? and what was the result. Also tell me if I have to provide any other documentation or proof for the same. Your help with a quick reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Sudhin,

The same reason for rejection to my wife is given when applied for F2 visa.( I feel you and your husband may settle in the US and hence I am rejecting your visa). I am on my extended OPT right now. Can you please tell me what did you do next? and what was the result. Also tell me if I have to provide any other documentation or proof for the same. Your help with a quick reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!

KunalBafna, did your wife get Visa yet?? What did you do to get it? Any special documents?
What did the VO ask this time?

It's not what you know, ...

It's what you can prove. Or at least what you can show solid evidence for. A deed to a house, letters from banks that show mortgage, car payments, social commitments, paycheck form your job... basically anything you might be reluctant to walk away from.