F-1 complications

krisylaya

I have a rather open ended question regarding my girlfriend's status after her pratical training permit expires in a week. She had a student visa for a period of two years and she earned a undergraduate diploma from a respectable private college here in the states. Upon graduating, she immediately filed for a working permit (allowing her an extended stay of a year for training), but the school gave her some complications about being ineligible for a period of the semester since she unknowingly (and was permited to by the school) to register as a part time student. The matter was resolved because there was some document filed by the school that she found verifying that they had acknowledged her part time status. She was then allowed to file for a work permit, but the case in itself took 3 months to dissolve. Then, upon filing, the paperwork was incomplete b/c she forgot to sign her check for the processing fee and delayed the assessment an extra 3 months. She finally received her permit in March (3-4-02) but the INS granted her 6 months only disregarding all the lost time in between which was not all her fault, partly the school's. As the deadline looms near on the 4th of october, we're finding ourselves in a tough predicament. my questions are simple:

1. i heard a few people mention that after pratical training is due, the student is alloted 2 months after the expiration date to prepare for departure, and still legal to stay. can you please verify this.

2. if an employer is willing to sponsor for extending the work permit, (after the old permit deadline expires), is she legal to work while her papers are processing? for the employer or elsewhere

3. Lastly, and this is a special case, if her employer momentarily needs her to work part time only, while a position is being made for her, is she allowed to work part-time elsewhere using the work permit from the principal sponsor, with approval of the employer? (a girl has to make extra money to pay the lawyers you know.)

thanks for the help.