Extremely Important - Please advise ASAP

woreq123

Banned
I got cut from my client site but my sponsoring employer did not cut me and wants to put me on a short term project way far away from where I live (another city). Incidentally I found a opening in a permanent position here itself but the pay is very less (less than what my sponsoring company had promised on LC). My employer pays me decent and above what he promised on LC. I have done 4 months since GC with my sponsoring company.

My questions are:

1) Should I wait another 2 months before making a shift ?
2) If my future pay is less than current pay and even less than what was promised on LC by my sponsor (although I won't work for him anymore) then will there be a problem in future when I apply for citizenship etc. ?

Thanks. Please advise.

Big Problem

1)You have no choice but to wait for 2 more months before your jump ship (until you reach 180 days after filing 485)

2)Forget about citizenship! If the new pay cannot meet LC requirement, you are in a big trouble to even get 485 approved.

If I were you, I'd stay with the current company ... like all other 485 filers here.

I already have GC

I got 485 approved 4 months back. I have Plastic Card also. But people advise that we must stay with the same employer for at least 6 moths after getting 485 approved and that is what i ma greulling with. Please let me know now.

No problem!

since you already have a GC, I don't see any reason why you would have a problem due to a decrease in pay.
6 months is considered a "good approximate" time to stay with the company after getting GC..... but it is not a rule. if you have a good reason to change employers, then go for it.

You are worrying too much buddy.... I am not sure who advised you about that.. to stay for 6 months after stamping or receiving cards.. That is not necessary.. You are free to chose your path... whatever you like.

Coolboy

Sorry but you are wrong. Yo have to stay with your sponsor company some time to prove you have intention to work for them in a permanent basis. Most of the people agree that 6 months will be enough.
Unless something happen to your job, like you are fired or conditions have changed and you can not stay any longer with them.

woreq123:

I would think you are ok with 4 months because on your GC renewal or in your USC appointment you can prove that the conditions on your job had changed (moving to another city) so you had no other choice to quit your sponsor company.
BTW there is another forum on this site:
immigrant visas (Green Cards) life after the green card. You can find all the info you need.

I also got the GC almost 4 months back and all my question have been answered there.

Don't worry.

fidelfs

Thanks for your post. I have been posting on After GC forum as well and JoeF was a great help there. The thing is that if your LC states that the job location is "unaccounted locations anywhere in US" then just a move out from one city to another is not the right reason to quit. If your job location had stated that you would work only in a particluar city then it would have been ok. I am in first type of case. Hence move is not a good reason to quit. My attorney says that you must stay for one year or at least that is what they recommend but if the employer stops paying you like on bench then you can leave. If the employer stops paying then that can be considered as automatic termination of employment by the sponsor and then you are free to go.

fidelfs

Whatever you said was valid once upon a time and no longer is the case. If you are able to change due to a condition as specified by you, why can't you change at will? First of all that condition you specified is no longer valid when the AC-21 rule came into effect where you can change employers after 6 months of filing I-485. Also in US, at will employment is the law which basically means you can quit or your company can terminate any time with or without cause.

One more thing I would like to add is that your employer is filing the labor petition on your behalf saying that he is going to offer employment for you and that he has the ability to revoke within a year of your 485 approval previously but this is not the case anymore. Moreover you are not showing any intention to work with them on a permanent basis as you mentioned in your response. He is promising employment to you and that can be current employment or future employment as well. Hope this helps.