My mother has passed her naturalization exam on February 2003. Since then we
are waiting for her oath ceremony .
They have initially told us that they have lost her file and they make a
decision after 30 days. But after 30 days they told us again there is
nothing that we can do but to wait.

We have visited immigration several times and hired and attorney and all we
have got is the she has to wait.

It has been 1 year and six months.
She applied for citizenship in Los Angeles office.

Any guidance is appreciated it.

You can go to your congressman or take legal action but the latter is guaranteed to take time.

I'd use the diplomatic route and try to get work done from the DO (thru the lawyer of course)

Rahul;

Thank you for your response. Could let me know what you mean by:
work done from the DO

Thanks

What's your lawyer's opinion ? the USCIS has got to do something about a lost file. Excuse me for asking the obvious. do they make copies?

The attorney has send a letter on behalf of my mother that she need to see her files and if can not produce it they need to make a decision.

A year and a half for a decision is an unacceptable. By law, USCIS is required to make a decision within 6 months of the interview (but they often don't). I suggest that your first contact your congressman and senetor to see if they can help. If USCIS does not respond to thier queries then I think you should have your lawyer file a mandamus case. Very often the mere fact that a mandamus case is filed prompts the CIS to approve the application quickly without having to go to a court.

Good luck

name check

WaitinFoEva,

You wrote <By law, USCIS is required to make a decision within 6 months of the interview (but they often don't). >
Can you provide me details of this law?

I am also waiting for oath letter for last 12 months due to pending name/background check.

Rahul Kumar,

I just got my FOIPA "no record" result from FBI after a record turn around time of about 6-7 working days. I am now going to pass on this info to my congressman as suggestd by you in one of your earlier reply. Thanks for your help.

FOIPA and name/background check

Rahul Kumar,

I need one clarification before I approach my congressman again. Is name/background part of the or included in the "no records" results (FOIPA)?

Rahul Kumar said:
hey did you really file an MC?

how far along are you in that process?

Yes, I finally did file a suit against CIS (local). I did that in June and guess what the earliest date I get is in November. Can u imagine???

My letters to Diana Feinstein, Pete stark all other efforts failed. Mind you I am not talking of one or two letters. Its several letters back n forth but all in vain..so finally decided on filing a case...as u all know I need to do international adoption.

My details :
PD Jan., 2003
FO april, 2003 Interview, July, 2003
FBI Name chk clear; 11th Feb., 2004
Oath?????????????????

ibm101,
Sorry to hear scant progress in your case. I know you contacted your representatives, but did you try Jim Sensenbrenner (Chmn of House sub cmte on Immigration ) or Saxby Chambliss (Senate counterpart) ?.

Just to be sure did you file a "Writ of Mandamus" ?

I have heard of these cases moving really fast when you have honestly been dealth with unfairly (how does the next business day processing sound ?)