Extension of short validity passport originally issued under Tatkal scheme

curious_me

I have an Indian passport which was originally issued to me under tatkal scheme for 5 yrs in 2005. Last week ,I sent it for renewal as per the instructions on the consulate website . I recd. my passport today but they did not issue me a new passport . On one of the pages of the old passport, i found a stamp and statement of the consulate general stating that this passport has been extended till 23 jun 2015.

My concern and question is : Is this the way short term validity passports are extended?

If i have to travel out of the country( presently USA), will I be facing any problems relating to this ?

My biggest concern is : while re-entrying the United States, will the immigration officer have any issues relating to my passport and my entry?

If anyone have faced similar issue, please help me as I am planning to travel to India soon
thanx in advance

I renewed my passport in NYC and they granted me a short term validity passport of 1 year. My initial passport was for 10 years. I recently applied for extension and all they did was used the same passport and on one of the pages stamped and put a statement saying it has been extended till 2018 just like yours. I have not traveled after that but the lady at the consulate told me this is how they extend short term validity passports. Let me know how your trip goes.