Extended Review for I-485 ????

endretro

Registered Users (C)
Today I got a mail from USCIS , Nebraska Service Center saying this.

"Service records indicate that your I-485 application, EAC######### has been selected for extended review. You will be contacted if any additional information is needed or when a decision is made. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause"

This was in response to my call inquiring about my I-485 being out of status. I had very recently come to know that my NC has been cleared (letter from FBI in response to my mail to First Lady) and was waiting for a speedy approval.

Any one else in the same boat or have any idea as to what this means. It is already 2 years that my 485 is pending.

Expect some delay for extended review

I have gone through this process. I was called for interview at Santa Ana office and approved in September 2006 and verbally told this. My file was then transferred to CSC for green card processing. It took me about 2 months to get the approval letter and GC. I was told that my case is selected for extended review.

I did not know exactly what does this mean. I suspect that CSC randomly selects a few cases for detailed scrutiny for quality assurance purposes. It takes times for them to perform detailed review but I was not asked to provide any information.

Alternatively, this may also mean that updated security checks other NC may be in process and they are waiting to hear from other agencies. Stay tight, and you will be fine. My prayers are with you!
Thanks
Dil

Me too!

I am also in the extended review situation.

My first finger printing expired and hence I set up an Infopass appointment to request the second fingre printing notice. The officer informed me that my case is under extended review.

I did not get any letter from USCIS stating that my case is under extended review till date. May be because my priority dates are not current. This will be current with effect from June 1st, 2007. I think htey will be sending that letter then.

I was also informed that they may call me for an interview. Not sure about that also. Mine is a straight forward case. EB3/ India/ Priority date 12/14/2001. Filed for I-485 at TSC on 10/04/2004.

Do you know what is the criteria for calling us for interview ( or ) changing the case to extended review?

I was not arrested or I do not have any such issues. Only thing is that my I-129 was withdrawn sometime back by my th then employer. Techinically, think that I may not be out of status because I was working when the current H1B expired but we had filed for H1B extension. This was for a period of around 4 months.

Then I came back to the US four months later using another employer's H1B.

Any thoughts on this?

I know that nothing concrete can be said until we know what exactly the reason they are calling me for interview. But my mind does not stop thinking about the various scenarios.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Baskar