Extend stay on H2b

drubdrub

I am currently in the country on a H2b visa and would to spend the summer travelling this country. I could change my status to B2 but my understanding is that this is a single entry visa and I have a trip to argentina booked at the end of my h2b visa period. I could also re-enter on the visa waiver program but I would like to stay longer than 3 months. Is there a way I can do this?

You may apply for Extension of Stay on H-2B visa. The employer may apply for re-certification for an additional two years with one year extensions, but on each new application, the employer must justify the reason for the H-2B extension request.

If your desire to visit/tour the United States after the conclusion of your employment you can request that USCIS change your status from H-2B to B-2. However, once approved, the change of status is only valid while you are in the U.S

You may extend your H-2b Visa. The maximum period of stay in H2-B Visa is 3 years. But, A new, valid temporary labor certification covering the requested time must accompany each extension request.As long as you are in legal status you apply for Change of Status, you should submit your application before your H2-B Ends.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

I am currently in the country on a H2b visa and would to spend the summer travelling this country. I could change my status to B2 but my understanding is that this is a single entry visa and I have a trip to argentina booked at the end of my h2b visa period. I could also re-enter on the visa waiver program but I would like to stay longer than 3 months. Is there a way I can do this?