expired greencard / lost drivers license !!

rshaw

I am a resident alien (since 1985) with a "green card" which expired in November of '09. I recently misplaced/lost my drivers license (NJ) and DMV says i can't get a duplicate license since my green card has expired. I e-filed an I-90 to renew my green card but realize it may be a lengthy process. I am wondering if there is anything i can do in order to get a new drivers license while i am awaiting my application to be processed. I don't want to be driving around without it but may not have a choice.

My other question is- Do i need to send any documents to USCIS after I e-file (photocopy of my expired GC etc. They do not specify other than "initial evidence and supporting documentation") or do I just take them to my biometrics appointment when i receive one? The directions on their website were rather vague and confusing and it doesn't say anything about it on the confirmation receipt they sent me. They only mention bringing my docs with me for the biometric appt.

Their website reads this:

"Initial Evidence and Supporting Documentation:

All required initial evidence and supporting documentation must be submitted via mail to the following address:

National Benefits Center
Attn: E-Filed I-90 Application
P.O. Box 648012
Lee's Summit, MO 64002

After filing your form electronically, USCIS will mail you a biometrics appointment notice with a specific date, time, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken. You must wait for your biometrics appointment notice to arrive in the mail prior to going to the ASC for biometrics processing. It may be several weeks until you receive your biometrics appointment notice in the mail.

You MUST bring the following materials to your biometrics appointment, or processing will NOT be completed at your scheduled time:

Biometrics appointment notice.
Photo Identification. Acceptable kinds of photo identification are:
Passport or national photo identification issued by your country, or
Driver’s license, or
Military photo identification, or
State-issued photo identification card"[/I]

and my receipt reads this...

"Thank you for filing your USCIS benefit application electronically. Your application will be electronically transmitted to the USCIS
location at the address below for processing. You will receive an official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) within 7-10 days by
standard mail with the same Receipt Number found at the top of this page.

Next Steps:
USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC). You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with a specific date, time, and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken.
• You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice prior to going to the ASC for biometrics processing.
• This Confirmation Receipt notice is NOT your biometrics appointment notice.
• DO keep a copy of this Confirmation Receipt notice and a copy of your e-filed application(s) for your records.

WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT – You MUST bring your biometrics appointment letter, photo identification, all required initial evidence, and when appropriate, any other supporting documentation, or processing will NOT be completed at your scheduled time.
• DO bring your biometrics appointment notice.
• DO bring your photo identification. Acceptable kinds of photo identification are passport or national photo identification issued by your country, driver's license, military photo identification, or state-issued photo identification card.
• DO bring ALL required initial evidence, including your prior card OR other evidence of permanent residence or commuter status.
• DO bring ANY supporting documentation, which may include but is not limited to court ordered name change, marriage certificate, birth certificate, or police report for a stolen or lost card.

Any suggestions on what i should do? Thanks for the help. I tried getting someone from their office on the phone but it's impossible.