experts please advise on this rfe

rfeguy

Registered Users (C)
i have been asked to submit W2 and/or Forms 1099. please explain what these 1099 forms are.
thanks
rfe guyh

Submit all 1099 forms

If you are working for a single company then you will have W2 and probably some 1099-INT from banks. Submit all of them.

1099s (int, div, B etc) are issued if you have interest or dividends over $10 for the year or if you have broker transactions. 1099s are also issued for miscellaneous items, government payments etc.

I would send all that you have received, if any. Good luck.

missed out one imp factor about 1099, apart from all the mentioned 1099's the important one is 1099 R, if you work for a company as an independent consultant then the company will give you a 1099 R instead of a W2. You can work as a 1099 consultant after you get EAD.

I am sure that you might have not worked on 1099, so give them the tax returns it will have all your W2 and 1099's (like mentioned by others)

If you need more details about the 1099 R and working as an independent contractor let me know.

1099 question

I have a question regarding 1099 (R). I have filed I-485, got my EAD, am switching employers but the new job is a "contract" position (12 months). The contracting firm is telling me that they will not hire me as W-2. Now, if I get a RFE or Interview, in order to claim AC21 portability, will the 1099s be sufficient proof of my new job? I'm concerned since being an "independent contractor" doesn't seem to imply working for a "new employer" (who could guarantee my wages). Also, I'm getting the Green Card based on my previous employers' petition based on a specific job opening, right? If I get an RFE, what kind of documents would the contracting firm have to provide me with? I am reluctant to go 1099 before my GC is approved, please help!