Expert Suggestion Required For I-140

venkat_mal

Hi All,

I need to know if any expert in this forum has answer to my I-140 question?

My employer is based at chicago, and I work at Virginia and state labor was filed during July 2002, it was cleared on november 2002.

I filed concurrent processing for I-140 and I-485. When I received the receipt number from vermont center during feb last week 2003 starting with EAC, I did not noticed and checked with attorney. Till today I was in assumption my papers got filed in Nebraska service center

Since my employer do not have any other offices except in chicago, how my I-140 and I-485 got filed to vermont center, I do not have any idea ?

Just today when I called BCIS to check my I-140 RFE status, then I came to know that mine was filed at vermont, and called my attorney to know how come they filed in vermont, when our service center was in nebraska. My attorney was in leave for the next 15 days.

Anyone having idea, so come the papers went to vermont when it was filed in nebraska.

Is it the reason I work at virginia or the nebraska people have re-directed the papers to vermont.

Thanks,
venkat

I Know another case whose papers are filed in Vermont and INS response is from California..
This guy's employer is VA and his Job is in CA. After applying his case with California's residential address in Vermont Office. INS has sent a letter to His Lawyer stating that his Present address comes under CA law restriction so his case is shifting there. He got EAD/FP/AP from CA INS....Still waiting for I-140...

Hope this helps.... (Apparently INS has authority to shift cases after initial assessment)