Experience Letters from Colleagues

Jersey_kishore

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Does anybody have the format of the experience letter to get the letters from previous colleagues? I may have to get the experience letters from my previous colleagues. Do I need to notarize the letters?. Does it have to be on the official notepad of the former collegue sin thier new company ??

Thanks
Kishore

Hi

Once I have given an exp letter to my collegue. Let me check my database, whether still I have or not. I will respond to you by end of coming saturday.

A few days back I came across a thread where somebody mentioned about an RFE on experience letters. The RFE was something about "experience letters from collegues" (thats what i remember). It was mentioned that the experience letters shud be on company letter head and from supervisors...something like that...i vaguely remember. But i'll try to search it for ya.

Yeah found it...it was on Murthy's. Here it is..hope this helps.

#############################################33
Here is the exact wording from RFE.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The work experience letters submitted regarding the beneficiary’s employment at Company A and Company B were apparently written by co-workers rather than by the employer. As such, the documents are of limited evidentiary value, and the evidence does not establish that the beneficiary had complied with the work requirements of form ETA-750 at the time the priority date was established.

The petitioner must submit evidence that the beneficiary had obtained the required two years of experience in the job offered before November XX, XXXX. Evidence of experience must be in the form of letter(s) from the current or former employer(s) giving the name, address and title of the employer and a description of the experience of the alien, including specific dates of the employment and specific dates.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These two companies went out of business and I can't seem to trace anyone expect one guy who worked with me at that time. I did submitted the letter from co-worker (not notarized) and INS is not happy with that. When I submitted my application,I did not mention that fact that these companies do not exist anymore.

How do I handle this situation? did any one had similar experience?
Please advise....

####################################################