GC- employment based in San Francisco
N400 applied- 1/26/07 in SF
FP notice 2/4
FP done 2/22
Interview notice 3/1
Interview 4/9 passed
Oath letter 5/19
oath 6/5 in SF

I will be applying for an expedited passport and wanted to know if anyone had any experience in SF to get one through any agency like http://www.ambassadorpassportandvisa.com/ or any others which give a passport within 10 days as i need to travel abroad in 3rd week of june and am confident that the normal expedited passport from the application center will not get it to me in time.
Any comments welcome

If you have an imediate departure date, you can do it by yourself by going to a passport agency. They do the same thing you would do. Otherwise, the excpedited service works fairly well if you give them your departure date.

You have to make the appointment early though... I'd call today and make an appointment for June 6th. Take your naturalization certificate, pictures, evidence that you're travelling within 14 days (ticket, online itinerary print out, etc), $157 to your appointment and they'll process it and get you a passport within 2 days (same day if you have to leave the following day).

They also open at 7am, so you can do it before work.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_900.html

Thanks 1caliN400
So you would recommend not going through a private passport agency (pay extra$$ over and above the $157) but going through the State gov passport center and they get it within the time required?

Well...yes. You save money (not sure how much the passport service costs). In addition, even if you go through a passport service, you still have to go to a passport acceptance facility first to sign your application under oath. They will then give you a sealed envelope, which you then have to take to the expediters.

Probably easier to just do it yourself.

I will have the interview on June 11, in my district office, usually the oath is performed on the same day of the interview if everything goes well.

I do need to travel shortly after my interview. I plan to visit the passport agency in Philadelphia the next day after my interview assuming I take the oath on the same day. The following is my questiones:

1. If I book my ticket on June 16, will they be able to issue the passport on the same day because I still need the time for visa application?

2. In order to do so, I need to make the appointment early enough to book the spot. Can I do now even I don't know the outcome of my interview? If for some reason, my oath can not be taken at the same day? Will there be any negative impact on my passport application if I already made the appointment?

1) Yes

2) You can cancel the appointment. Nothing can really have a negative impact on your passport application. When you apply for a passport, you'll be a US citizen and you can do whatever you want and get angry at them if the give you trouble ;)