Expedited Passport Timeline

eltoro

Registered Users (C)
Please share your expedited passport timeline.

Mine is as follows:
Naturalized: 9/30/09
Applied for passport book+card: 10/01/2009
Passport book received: 10/10/2009
Passport card received: 10/15/2009
Naturalization certificate received: 10/15/2009

Applied for expedited passport September 14 2009.
STILL waiting. 7 weeks on Monday!

I am well and truly cheesed off. I have phoned, written and phoned and written again, but still they keep saying it's 'in processing'. The woman I spoke to yesterday said there are phone numbers but they don't give them out to them to give to us.

What a complete load of BS. I just keep getting the runaround. One place says call this place, then that place says call the first place. I just cannot get an answer..or a refund of the expedited fee.

Washington DC passport office. Forget it!!!!

Hi. I don't have that. I left everything at the passport office with the passport lady. I know they received everything because I have a processing number online and when I call they acknowledge it's being processed.
They just won't/can't tell me why it is taking so long. I have spoken to 4 different people who have all said they don't know why.
I have called every number I have found and emailed and mailed.

I applied on 22nd oct 2009,at san francisco(passport agency)...got on 26th oct 2009..
everything was so smooth...
moreover, i didn't have any appointment at agency...just walked in..

I think there is some problem with WASHINGTON DC passport agency office. I had applied for my daughter's passport on September 30th and still didn't get it. The online status still says "being processed...". Something is wrong!!!

We have applied this morning (Thursday, November 19th) for the expedite passport processing. I will post updates in this thread.

Applied - November 13 Expedite (Philadelphia Passport Center via Postal Office)
Check cashed - November 17.
Current Status - "being processed"

DO: Charleston, DO

GC Received October, 04
N400 Applied
08/25/09 - Fedex to lock box
08/26/09 - Receipt Notice
08/27/09 - NOA received
09/03/09 - Online changed to RFE
09/05/09 - LUD
09/07/09 - FP received
09/22/09 - FP Appointment
09/18/09 - FP Done
10/03/09 - Status Updated
10/05/09 - Case Sent for Standard Interview
10/07/09 - IL received
11/16/09 - Interview ( Passed and Oath Completed :D:D:D:D:D - USC )
11/17/09 - Applied for Passport and Card ( Expedite Process)

Got e-mail yesterday that passpot was mailed and they give me tracking #

which was reused:( I put that number in USPS web site and got confused, the parcel was delivered in 2008)).

sent e-mail to State Dept and they told me that they reusing tracking numbers.
Today was able to track it. They sent Passport from Arkansas :eek:
Is it normal? I mailed my application to Philadelphia

My wife and myself took oath yesterday in Campbell, CA (near San Jose). Today we applied for expedited passport

Timeline:

N-400 applied: 07/31/2009
Oath completed: 11/19/2009

Passport applied at post office: 11/20/2009

We both have the same time line for passport
Received PP book on 11/21

Got e-mail yesterday that passpot was mailed and they give me tracking #

which was reused:( I put that number in USPS web site and got confused, the parcel was delivered in 2008)).

sent e-mail to State Dept and they told me that they reusing tracking numbers.
Today was able to track it. They sent Passport from Arkansas :eek:
Is it normal? I mailed my application to Philadelphia

My Passport Application just made into their system today :):D:D. I spoke with the representative today and she told me that.

But i dont see my status online yet, is this normal ???? :confused:

The online status is not accurate

My status still shows as 'in the final stages of processing '. However my PP was mailed to me past Thursday and I received it on 11/21

hope this helps . Overall it takes less than 10 days to get ur PP by expediting

My Passport Application just made into their system today :):D:D. I spoke with the representative today and she told me that.

But i dont see my status online yet, is this normal ???? :confused:

Finally my online status got updated :)

Also, they have an application number there as well. It says, It is currently being processed.

I had requested for expedite service. Says processing time is between 2-3 weeks.

So now waiting :)

In the meantime, i had sent in my registration for Vote after my Oath and two days after i became a Citizen and that form reached and the registration process was completely successfully. I can now vote :)

We called the passport services 1-877 phone number today. The customer representative confirmed that our passport applications have been received earlier today (five days after our expedited application) at the New Hampshire passport center and gave us the application numbers. The irony is that we live in a suburb of Sacramento just 75 miles away from San Francisco passport facility yet our applications were sent to the furthest passport facility possible
(thanks God there are no passport facilities in Alaska :). Apparently, San Francisco facility is the busiest in the nation. The applications' status is still unavailable online.

Yes, thats what happened to me as well. I sent it expedited as well. They said i should get it in two weeks.

We called the passport services 1-877 phone number today. The customer representative confirmed that our passport applications have been received earlier today (five days after our expedited application) at the New Hampshire passport center and gave us the application numbers. The irony is that we live in a suburb of Sacramento just 75 miles away from San Francisco passport facility yet our applications were sent to the furthest passport facility possible
(thanks God there are no passport facilities in Alaska :). Apparently, San Francisco facility is the busiest in the nation. The applications' status is still unavailable online.

As long as there is overnight delivery FROM and TO these places, it should not matter. Not only government, but many companies put up their data processing centers in remote areas because the cost of operations is low (or due to political reasons - the so called pork barrel projects).