Expedited Passport question

karthik4112

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am taking the Oath Ceremony after 10 days and was leaving the Country in 7 days after that. I was going to apply for my Passport at the Chicago Passport Agency. Does anyone know how long they take to process the application? Also, since I am taking it to Chicago do I need to seal it here at a Post Office and take it along with me? Or can I just take my Indian Passport, Naturalization certificate and go directly to the Passport Agency? Also is there any other documents I would need to take to the Passport Agency?

You need to make an appointment at the passport agency for a date after your oath and you go there directly with the documents mentioned in the application, I do not think you need to to a passport acceptance facility i.e post office, if you are traveling within 7 days, I think they give you the passport on the same day.

All,

I am taking the Oath Ceremony after 10 days and was leaving the Country in 7 days after that. I was going to apply for my Passport at the Chicago Passport Agency. Does anyone know how long they take to process the application? Also, since I am taking it to Chicago do I need to seal it here at a Post Office and take it along with me? Or can I just take my Indian Passport, Naturalization certificate and go directly to the Passport Agency? Also is there any other documents I would need to take to the Passport Agency?

My understanding is that you will also need proof of travel if you are going to get an expedited passport in person.

All,

I think you need to show your tickets.