Expecting a Feb Interview; wife\'s H1 expires Feb end

mm123

Registered Users (C)
My Packet 3 was received by the consulate today, and I\'m expecting a Feb interview. Does my wife need to extend her H1 before going for the interview? Can I claim her as a dependent and use I-824 form, instead of her employment letter? Thanks for your response.

No Title

As long as you have a primary applicant is having a valid visa it should not be a problem for the dependent on the application. if your wife is working at the time of your interiview you can claim as a dependent anyway but your wife has to submit the employment letter whom she is working for.
and coming to the extending of h1, as long as i am not going to pay the money from my pocket i will always go for extension. and if you are sure about feb interview dont go for extension in reverse case if you are putting money from your pocket.

mm123: Just evaluate what is more important...

peace of mind or a few dollars. I would suggest that you go ahead and get your wife\'s H-1 extended since it hardly takes about a week to 10 days to get an H-1 extension from the State Dept in St Louis, MO. It just costs $120 which I think is a pittance when compared to the peace of mind you\'re getting at the CP interview. This is the multiple-entry H-1 visa stamp in the passport that I\'m referring to. If it\'s the I-129 that needs to be renewed then maybe you should get that done too. Anyway, it\'s your call.

Guys, don\'t send your passport for H1 revalidation

I sent mine and I\'m stuck. State Dept is currently taking around 12 weeks to do this :-( I\'m trying to get them to send it back, but even that is dragging on....

On extending the visa thingee, I would suggest if the H1 approval is expiring in Feb then get it extended or atleast get an H4 approval, to be on the safe side. With the recent happenings, they are not treating people out of status very kindly is what I hear.

Thank you!

Thanks for your comments, folks. My wife has asked her employer for an extension of her H1 - they\'re covering the cost, so no harm in gettting it done. It\'s just that they\'re extremely slow in processing. Hopefully, we\'ll get it approved before Feb. If not, would the I129 receipt do any good? I know that in some cases, I129 receipt is useful (when switching employers), but does know if the consulate accepts I129 receipt as a valid work status?